The Student Room Group

Parents threatening to pull me out of Yr 12

I just got into a huge fight with my sister because she was doing her eyebrows at this damn time and then she slapped me anyway now my parents and threatening to take me out of school because I try to sleep by 10pm every night to wake up and you know WORK and my brat of a sister always goes stir crazy because she’s on a gap year and couldn’t care less. My parents and threatening to phone the school tomorrow because they think my anxiety is to blame which it partly is, but if they take me out I’m gonna leave for good because it’s the one thing that makes me happy. Please help.
Why would they take you out of school just for that?
Reply 2
Original post by Greywolftwo
Why would they take you out of school just for that?

Because they’re strict and I’ve been waking up at 8am and working till 9pm so they think I’m crazy when I just want to pass to leave this place.
Original post by Anonymous
Because they’re strict and I’ve been waking up at 8am and working till 9pm so they think I’m crazy when I just want to pass to leave this place.

Hmm, that seems pretty drastic to me. Could we get some more context on the matter?
Reply 4
Hmm, that seems pretty drastic to me. Could we get some more context on the matter?

Uhh well usually my sister and I get along well and we’re in bed by 22:30 and talk once she’s back from work, but some nights we fight and it’s mainly over her wanting to stay on her laptop till midnight and me needing to sleep for school - Ik we’re not at school but I’m trying to stick to the schedule to get the same amount of work done - and I end up shouting because I get stressed so easily. My parents think it’s anxiety related and because of my shyness I’m too scared to see a doctor, but yeah it’s mainly because my sister is being selfish despite our compromise almost 2 months ago that I could sleep at 10pm if she could wake me up at 6am when she gets ready for work. But yeah, now she’s shouting at me to stop crying and my parents keep texting about how they’re taking me out of year 12 because I can’t cope. School is seriously the only thing that motivates me in life so if I have to drop out I am leaving this house.
but surely that's illegal, right? I thought that you are required to be in some form of education until you turn 18? (here in England at least, I think).
Original post by 1st superstar
but surely that's illegal, right? I thought that you are required to be in some form of education until you turn 18? (here in England at least, I think).

Yup
Yup

unless the parents are willing to homeschool the OP or send them to an online school? but idk.
Reply 8
Yup

Oh right, well that’s a relief. But even if they call the school that will be embarrassing.
B
unless the parents are willing to homeschool the OP or send them to an online school? but idk.

Pfft, from what OP said about her parents I doubt they would

Yeah I doubt that’ll happen, I’d end up homeschooling myself.
B

Pfft, from what OP said about her parents I doubt they would

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I doubt that’ll happen, I’d end up homeschooling myself.

Then the OP shouldn't be pulled from school then! imo
Reply 12
That is not possible the state and district wont let that happen and of course right now .
your parents have to send you to some type of school

Yes under 18s need to be in either education, apprenticeship or employment
? You’re not white Brit are you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending