The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

I'm in my 2nd year and have decided to apply for Maintenance loan, which I didn't do for my 1st year. I am part time and get a around £3700 a year.My question is as I didn't apply for the loan in my first year can I add that years loan onto this years? (essentially geting£7400 this year)Thanks
Original post by Dunhill_kappa
I'm in my 2nd year and have decided to apply for Maintenance loan, which I didn't do for my 1st year. I am part time and get a around £3700 a year.My question is as I didn't apply for the loan in my first year can I add that years loan onto this years? (essentially geting£7400 this year)Thanks

You can update your application for 2019/20 to ask for the maintenance loan. If you can’t see how to do this online then one of the sfe reps will hopefully be able to explain how.

You only have until the end of May to make changes to the 19/20 applications though so get on it asap.
I was actually asking if I can add my 1st year's loan onto my current year too, as I did'nt use it last year. (essentially geting £7400 this year)?
Original post by Dunhill_kappa
I was actually asking if I can add my 1st year's loan onto my current year too, as I did'nt use it last year. (essentially geting £7400 this year)?

Hi there, this is not possible. You could apply for the Maintenance Loan for the first year though and still receive it as long as you are not passed the deadline.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending