The Student Room Group

How old do I sound?

I'm 25, but presume that you never knew that, how old would you say I sound?

I still live at home with parents. I've got no friends and my only relationship ended several years ago. I don't like kids, I crave the peace and quiet, and kids prevent me from having this because they are so loud and keep screaming outside. I also don't like dogs barking, especially when I'm trying to sleep. I've got an alcohol problem, which is getting increasingly worse. My happiest days are behind me, now there is nothing but the miserable future to be prepared for. As you may have already guessed, I am depressed. There's no point in getting a job, especially not at the moment, as nobody is employing. A job would make me more depressed and I'd end up in fights with my colleagues, who'll think I'm a miserable so and so.

So have a guess, what age would you say I am?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 25, but presume that you never knew that, how old would you say I sound?

I still live at home with parents. I've got no friends and my only relationship ended several years ago. I don't like kids, I crave the peace and quiet, and kids prevent me from having this because they are so loud and keep screaming outside. I also don't like dogs barking, especially when I'm trying to sleep. I've got an alcohol problem, which is getting increasingly worse. My happiest days are behind me, now there is nothing but the miserable future to be prepared for. As you may have already guessed, I am depressed. There's no point in getting a job, especially not at the moment, as nobody is employing. A job would make me more depressed and I'd end up in fights with my colleagues, who'll think I'm a miserable so and so.

So have a guess, what age would you say I am?

You sound like someone who just hit her (assuming you are a female) early thirties, and reality hit them all at once.
Reply 2
Original post by ayyyy.x
You sound like someone who just hit her (assuming you are a female) early thirties, and reality hit them all at once.

My gender is irrelevant, but both men and women can get depressed.
Sounds like you need to get your act together and sort yourself out.
My gender is irrelevant, but both men and women can get depressed.

Ok? Bad wording on my part (I did say assuming so) but I didn't indicate that men cannot get depressed.
Reply 5
Original post by PastamanYum
Sounds like you need to get your act together and sort yourself out.

I would if I had a reason to.
I would if I had a reason to.

Well if you worked on yourself and worked on your life you may have reason too.

Mopping about depressed isn't going to move you forward in life.
Reply 7
I think you sound....25.

What do I win?

Spoiler

Reply 8
Anyway you didn't need your own thread, which admittedly is super boring, just add yourself to this thread but don't give the answer away in the first 2 words...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6483134
Reply 9
Original post by Spanx
I think you sound....25.

What do I win?

Spoiler

You win nothing! This is actually meant to be a serious post, because I'm depressed. Probably not the best place to post it, but I just wanted people's opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending