The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

best uni for graphic design??

i was lucky enough to get accepted into all my UCAS unis and now i have a tough time choosing which uni to go to.

I have applied for graphic design at the following universities:

Nottingham Trent
University of the Creative Arts (UCA)
Ravensbourne
Kingston

I am hearing mixed reviews about universities and i really don't know how to choose. i am truly conflicted and do not know the way forward. please choose
Original post by beyrock13
i was lucky enough to get accepted into all my UCAS unis and now i have a tough time choosing which uni to go to.

Nottingham Trent
Ravensbourne
Kingston

I am hearing mixed reviews about universities and i really don't know how to choose. i am truly conflicted and do not know the way forward. please choose

hey, im practically in the same position as you- which one did you end up choosing?
London
Original post by beyrock13

Nottingham Trent
Ravensbourne
Kingston

Hi there!

My name is Eleanor Hopkins and I'm a Student Ambassador at Coventry University who studies Illustration & Animation.

Although you didn't have Coventry on your suggestions of which uni to go to, I thought I would interest you in things I've realised are most important about University which may help you choose which one!

Make sure to go for a University which has your future in their interest! It's all good to be doing graphic design all the time now... but how do you get into the industry? How do you set up your own freelance shop? What's our copyright rights? What is an Artist Agency? What are companies looking for? What programmes do you need to be a professional at?
Coventry University is very involved around this and that's what made Coventry the best University for me- they want me to be successful and want to make sure I know every nook and cranny that there is to getting a job in the art industry.

I know this is 50/50 with Universities as my sister who also studied Illustration got no knowledge of what the industry was like or what she even wanted to do after University because no one pushed her to figure it out. Coventry Uni has really pushed me to figure out what job I want and what I need to do to pursue it.

Another vital thing for me was mental health support. Although this may not be a concern for you, it's always good to have something in place! Coventry University is very supportive with mental health and disabilities, they make you feel very welcome and heard and if you ever struggle they make sure to let you know they're there to help you.

The best way to know which University is for you, is how you felt when you visited and what you thought about the lecturers. I was intrigued so quickly to Coventry due to its lecturers who have taught me, they all have amazing backgrounds in the animation industry and are ready to push you... but in a positive way, you leave wanting to work harder and do more!

I hope this helps you choose which University you want, it's always good to look at the smallest of things about the University as they may become the most vital to you!

El
For Graphic design, I'd say Kingston. One of the few highly competitive courses I hear from that uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending