The Student Room Group

Is it worth buying tickets for fresher events now?

I just saw one on a Neon party and 100 tickets have already sold out. It's only £6 and it's by the ticket outlet Fatsoma. Should I buy the tickets or not? I don't want to be ripped off or end up being the only one going at uni.
Original post by Anonymous
I just saw one on a Neon party and 100 tickets have already sold out. It's only £6 and it's by the ticket outlet Fatsoma. Should I buy the tickets or not? I don't want to be ripped off or end up being the only one going at uni.

I don’t think it’s a good idea, I went out every night at freshers in London and still got tickets on the night. Loads of people start selling. And I really doubt nightclubs will be open, unfortunately
Yeah man sounds like a good idea to me. Can't think of any reason why not.
100% buy the ticket. Nothing to lose. If cancelled they will have to refund.
Original post by Apachecow
100% buy the ticket. Nothing to lose. If cancelled they will have to refund.

Solid advice, just like people got refunded for missed holidays. Yep... Oh wait
Solid advice, just like people got refunded for missed holidays. Yep... Oh wait

if £6 is too much to lose if it doesn't go ahead, you can't afford to go out anyway. If lockdown over then everyone will want to be there and I doubt many free tickets on the day. Hence my logic.
Reply 6
Original post by Kavala
I don’t think it’s a good idea, I went out every night at freshers in London and still got tickets on the night. Loads of people start selling. And I really doubt nightclubs will be open, unfortunately

Is it worth getting anything at all? I know not to get fresher bands or bundles
Fatsoma tickets are always being pushed by reps who lie about events selling out.

There’s always tickets available close to or on the day because people change their mind or find out their friends aren’t going.

This year the companies are being even more shady with pressure selling. If they fo into administration no one will get a refund.

Don’t buy yet.

Wait until August when:
A) you’re sure which uni you’re going to
B) you’ll hopefully have found some of your flat and coursemates on social media so can coordinate events
C) the official student union freshers events (which genuinely sell out) have been released and they’re done by the SU so you’re guaranteed a refund if it’s cancelled.

Anyone pressuring you to buy is probably a rep. They’re often not even students. Some aren’t even living in the UK.
Ask them what course they’re starting, what hall they’re living in and whether they’re on commission. They usually back off once the fact that they’re breaking the law by lying about who they are is out in the open.

)if £6 is too much to lose if it doesn't go ahead, you can't afford to go out anyway. If lockdown over then everyone will want to be there and I doubt many free tickets on the day. Hence my logic.

If you can’t afford £12 on the day they you also can’t afford it.

better £12 for a guaranteed night out that you want to go to than throwing away £6 on a gamble to go into the pockets of these promoters who are trying to rip off students.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
Fatsoma tickets are always being pushed by reps who lie about events selling out.

There’s always tickets available close to or on the day because people change their mind or find out their friends aren’t going.

This year the companies are being even more shady with pressure selling. If they fo into administration no one will get a refund.

Don’t buy yet.

Wait until August when:
A) you’re sure which uni you’re going to
B) you’ll hopefully have found some of your flat and coursemates on social media so can coordinate events
C) the official student union freshers events (which genuinely sell out) have been released and they’re done by the SU so you’re guaranteed a refund if it’s cancelled.

Anyone pressuring you to buy is probably a rep. They’re often not even students. Some aren’t even living in the UK.
Ask them what course they’re starting, what hall they’re living in and whether they’re on commission. They usually back off once the fact that they’re breaking the law by lying about who they are is out in the open.

it was on the Facebook group - a link to the tickets called the fresher's group, for different unis the price is the same but for my uni that I firmed, the first batch of tickets sold out already. And thank you - where would I find out about the official us fresher events? and how can I find course or flat mates online?
it was on the Facebook group - a link to the tickets called the fresher's group, for different unis the price is the same but for my uni that I firmed, the first batch of tickets sold out already. And thank you - where would I find out about the official us fresher events? and how can I find course or flat mates online?

See if your university student union has a Facebook freshers page or group. Look at the SU website to find out official events.

ask the university if they have any social media groups to help people find their coursemates and flatmates or search online (just watch out because some of the dodgy reps use these groups to pressure sell tickets)

Hey @anonymous #1

I would recommend not buying any tickets yet, as you don't know if the events will go ahead but more importantly you don't know if you'll even go to them.
I'd wait until you meet your flatmates or coursemates/ talk to them on a group chat so you guys can decide if you're going to be going out together and what events you'll be going to.

Most students will buy a freshers pack from the official student union with entry to most events going on throughout freshers.
I'd recommend this if you're going to make the most out of it and be going out most nights, if not buying events on the day may not be such a bad idea!

I hope this helps :smile:
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey @anonymous #1

I would recommend not buying any tickets yet, as you don't know if the events will go ahead but more importantly you don't know if you'll even go to them.
I'd wait until you meet your flatmates or coursemates/ talk to them on a group chat so you guys can decide if you're going to be going out together and what events you'll be going to.

Most students will buy a freshers pack from the official student union with entry to most events going on throughout freshers.
I'd recommend this if you're going to make the most out of it and be going out most nights, if not buying events on the day may not be such a bad idea!

I hope this helps :smile:
Eloise - Official Student Rep

thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending