The Student Room Group

University

What happens on the first day of university?
Fresher week: A bunch of boring talks and compulsory events
Term time: Lectures
Original post by Anonymous

Hey!

The first week is crazy (in a good way). If you are going to live in student halls/accommodation you will usually move in the week before/days before and get settled in, meet all of your flat/housemates.

Then, the first actual day of the university you will most likely have a course talk to introduce the subject and be assigned tutors for the year. For me, our tutors then took us on tours of the university and then we had a meeting of sorts to give us basic information about the university, lectures, seminars, etc. We had some icebreaker with people in our group and then I believe we were free for the rest of the day. Obviously it depends on each course and university but more than likely your first day will just consist of talks and learning the ropes.

No doubt there will be plenty going on in the evening that you can participate in if you want to :smile:

Hope that helps a little!

Courtney - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
I think I missed stuff I was meant to go to so on my first day I showed up to the first lecture.

Had a shock when I found out a friend from secondary that I'd known from p1 was also there and sat in the seat behind me.

So my first day was a little confusing. Make sure to attend the stuff you're meant to, I had to ask wherebto go for my first lecture.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi :hello:

My first day at Greenwich was part of welcome week. On my first day I just met the program leaders and tutors for my course. We also did some ice breaking activities to meet other people and got some goody bags :biggrin:

It wasn’t a proper day at uni because we didn’t attend any classes or anything.

On my first day of lectures the lecturers introduced themselves then got straight into explaining the course breakdown and started teaching.

Hope this helps :smile:

Devina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending