The Student Room Group

People who drive

Some people a ego check if they believe driving a car makes them have some sort of higher status than those you use public transport. "it's embarassing"

It is terrible mentality, they just need to get employed and build their savings. If they do eventually start driving those savings will go like this 👎.

The most honest advice people like this is they need right now is get a part time job, stop worrying about the result/outcome and focus on the process, and basically wind your neck in. Driving suddenly doesn't make you a superstar. It just makes your bank account lighter and gives you more independence.

I think are in the minority thinking that public transport is demeaning. If anything, it's drivers who should be judged for adding to road congestion and poor air quality. Most high earning employees in London get public transport - it is really is not a measure of whether someone is wealthy or has self-worth or not. Some more advice is they need stop obsessing about cars and start obsessing about improving your life through work.

Honestly it’s secondhand embarassment but more people need to use the bus. They're not incapable of using it. Do you think anyone likes going through the misery of riding the subway every day in the boiling hot summer to get to work? Nobody does. You suck it up - because that's life. A strong sense of entitlement in your life is going to make you take offence to anything that isn't validation of your world view. So go ahead. Rather than learning something today - shirk your responsibily to grow up.
"it's embarrassing" (using your words) that you had to post this under anon... but oh well
Reply 2
Original post by 1st superstar
"it's embarrassing" (using your words) that you had to post this under anon... but oh well

Ok...

....lol i'm joking, i honestly don't give a **** if people take the bus, i just thought the gif was very fitting right now
Original post by goggleyed

....lol i'm joking, i honestly don't give a **** if people take the bus, i just thought the gif was very fitting right now

Ubers are alright but other public transport is just ****
Original post by Enterbenter134
Ubers are alright but other public transport is just ****

i don't think anyone actually likes taking the bus. its just cheaper and more convenient. ubers are the shiz :thumbsup:
Original post by goggleyed
i don't think anyone actually likes taking the bus. its just cheaper and more convenient. ubers are the shiz :thumbsup:

Yep we all hate the bus

Quick Reply

Latest