The Student Room Group

ebay seller wont respond

So I bought a laptop on ebay yesterday collection only, the guy still hasn't responded to tell me where to pick up etc, is there anything I can do? No number to call for him or anything just ebay message
Reply 1
Original post by ryanwhitt443
So I bought a laptop on ebay yesterday collection only, the guy still hasn't responded to tell me where to pick up etc, is there anything I can do? No number to call for him or anything just ebay message

he's probably at work. is his ebay rating/reviews okay? don't worry, ebay nearly always sides with buyers anyway
Original post by Ciel.
he's probably at work. is his ebay rating/reviews okay?

Hmm, I mean I bought it last night and still nothing today. He's only joined a week ago which makes me slightly worried, but he sold another laptop and he's got actual pictures of it so its not necessarily a scam
Reply 3
Hmm, I mean I bought it last night and still nothing today. He's only joined a week ago which makes me slightly worried, but he sold another laptop and he's got actual pictures of it so its not necessarily a scam

give it another day or two, if still nothing you can open a case. ebay will definitely get you your money back if it's a scam
He is definitely a scammer. Look at the est delivery date (or collection) and as soon as it passes open a case with PayPal and eBay. If you payed by bank transfer then he is definitely a scammer. If you payed by credit card contact your bank, they will give you the money back very fast. If you payed by debit card, pray that he’s not a scammer.
How did you pay? credit card via paypal etc?

If you paid by money transfer, that goes against all ebay advice for buyers and they could decline to act.

As Ciel said, send a polite message asking him to contact you then after 36 hours let him know you will give him until 72 hours elapsed from the close of the auction and then you will open a case for recovery of your monies.

Good luck.
(edited 3 years ago)

Why did you buy from someone who joined only a week ago?
Reply 7
Oh god don’t tell me you did a bank transfer :afraid:
Original post by Moonbow
Oh god don’t tell me you did a bank transfer :afraid:

No I used paypal I think. He hasn't accepted the money yet
Reply 9
No I used paypal I think. He hasn't accepted the money yet

hmm is he okay with paypal? some sellers only accept cash for collection-only items. because a lot of sellers get scammed if they accept online payments for collection only stuff. since they have no tracking/proof of postage/receipt
Original post by Ciel.
hmm is he okay with paypal? some sellers only accept cash for collection-only items. because a lot of sellers get scammed if they accept online payments for collection only stuff. since they have no tracking/proof of postage/receipt

Idk I can't remember now, I spoke with ebay on the phone and they say he sold another laptop a few days ago and was active then. tell me to wait for 5 days then ask for money back from ebay
if u used paypal ur chilling
Original post by KnowMyRights
if u used paypal ur chilling

not always.

how did you pay him on paypal? through ebay? or did you do it manually through friends and family?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending