The Student Room Group

Final university decision conundrum

I have 5 conditional offers for Geography but have yet to accept any, as I realise I have made the wrong course choice and want to swap. I have emailed a university whose English and History course I’m interested in, I have also checked and it has vacancies. I could decline all offers and go for that university in Extra Choice and re-submit a new personal statement.But here’s my issue: grades. I have no clue what I’m going to get; in my final mocks I got A*AB but my predicted year 12 grades are BBB.I don’t want to use an extra choice for a harder subject and then get to results day and have poor grades that won’t get me in. On the other hand, I can firm and insurance geography, but if I get better grades on the results day, will I be able to decline these offers and go through adjustment to hop onto a completely different university and different subject? This is really stressing me out so any knowledge/advice would be appreciated...
Reply 1
Original post by e.klls
I have 5 conditional offers for Geography but have yet to accept any, as I realise I have made the wrong course choice and want to swap. I have emailed a university whose English and History course I’m interested in, I have also checked and it has vacancies. I could decline all offers and go for that university in Extra Choice and re-submit a new personal statement.But here’s my issue: grades. I have no clue what I’m going to get; in my final mocks I got A*AB but my predicted year 12 grades are BBB.I don’t want to use an extra choice for a harder subject and then get to results day and have poor grades that won’t get me in. On the other hand, I can firm and insurance geography, but if I get better grades on the results day, will I be able to decline these offers and go through adjustment to hop onto a completely different university and different subject? This is really stressing me out so any knowledge/advice would be appreciated..

Hi, if I were you I would decide what uni you would like to go to for definite to do Geography and contact them asking if it is possible to change to a complete different course. OR, you could choose the Geography course and put it as you insurance choice and then put the English and History as your firm and if it came to it and you didn't get accepted into the uni to do English and History you could then contact the uni of your insurance choice and go from there, some universities let you change courses through clearing, it all depends on the university though. So, I would defiantly contact them before making any definite choices. Hope this makes sense and helps, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending