The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation for postgraduates?

Since Imperial doesn't have any of their own halls for postgraduates, and only partners with one (Gradpad), has anyone else found any good alternate student halls in London?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions (not private housing).
Imperial will make its prospective students homeless, they must have a solution for that otherwise coming students from outside London will be lost during a tough time like now moving from the house due to pandemic issue to another one then they end up to be living on the street, this need to be solved immediately for the advantage of the school and students
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by bps123
Since Imperial doesn't have any of their own halls for postgraduates, and only partners with one (Gradpad), has anyone else found any good alternate student halls in London?

Watching this thread because I'm in exactly the same situation :frown:
Reply 3
Google 'London student accommodation' and plenty of options turn up. They are not inexpensive but that delta to the price of private renting is the difference you pay for student halls (especially in London, but they charge high rates across the country).
Original post by bps123

Hi @bps123

My name is Rebecca and I'm a student rep at Imperial. Right now the accommodation is team is hard at work finding solutions to issues that the pandemic has brought up. I know finding accommodation is a really daunting prospect at the moment but I recommend getting in touch with the accommodation team to find out what your options may be. In prior years, Evelyn Gardens is an Imperial halls of residence that was not for 1st years - I can't say with any certainty how it will be used now but it may be an option - you'll have to ask the accommodation team. Moreover, other student housing is available throughout London - reading reviews might give a good indication of how other students have found it. Alternatively, you can check on Facebook if there are other Imperial students looking for a housemate.

Hope this has been helpful!
I may be a bit late but if you're still looking I have a room I need to fill ASAP at McMillan student village for £215 pw. It's a great location and has good transport links and social spaces/events for residents :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending