The Student Room Group

🍵 REAL TALK 🍵 Is it worth going to university now? (2020)

Due to events that have smited this year pretty much, university and traditional education won't be seen the same again due to outdated systems people are noticing, not being able to cope with covid-19 as efficiently as it could, and institutionalized racism. Eventhough these are only the few problems may this year who plan or have planned to go have a lot of time to think.

For everyone, is it really worth going?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
Due to events that have smited this year pretty much, university and traditional education won't be seen the same again due to outdated systems people are noticing, not being able to cope with covid-19 as efficiently as it could, and institutionalized racism. Eventhough these are only the few problems may this year who plan or have planned to go have a lot of time to think.

:fyi: Have moved your thread into university life where you should get a few more responses :woo:
:bump:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:fyi: Have moved your thread into university life where you should get a few more responses :woo:
:bump:

TY
Original post by Ratchet Hoe

Hey,

It's hard to tell if it's worth it or not. A-lot of people are deferring or cancelling applications to uni but I would say it depends on the person because employers will ask what you spent your time doing in the year off or when taking the year out so in my opinion if someone has a good opportunity lined up or something to make the year count and they don't like the direction uni is going in for this academic year I would say they can opt to take the year off

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
Reply 4
Not for humanities and pharmacy
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey,

It's hard to tell if it's worth it or not. A-lot of people are deferring or cancelling applications to uni but I would say it depends on the person because employers will ask what you spent your time doing in the year off or when taking the year out so in my opinion if someone has a good opportunity lined up or something to make the year count and they don't like the direction uni is going in for this academic year I would say they can opt to take the year off

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀

That is a good point!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending