🍵 REAL TALK 🍵 Is it worth going to university now? (2020)

Watch
Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 hours ago
Due to events that have smited this year pretty much, university and traditional education won't be seen the same again due to outdated systems people are noticing, not being able to cope with covid-19 as efficiently as it could, and institutionalized racism. Eventhough these are only the few problems may this year who plan or have planned to go have a lot of time to think.

For everyone, is it really worth going?
Last edited by Ratchet Hoe; 5 hours ago
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 hours ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
Due to events that have smited this year pretty much, university and traditional education won't be seen the same again due to outdated systems people are noticing, not being able to cope with covid-19 as efficiently as it could, and institutionalized racism. Eventhough these are only the few problems may this year who plan or have planned to go have a lot of time to think.

:fyi: Have moved your thread into university life where you should get a few more responses :woo:
:bump:
Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 hours ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
:fyi: Have moved your thread into university life where you should get a few more responses :woo:
:bump:
TY
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 minutes ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)

Hey,

It's hard to tell if it's worth it or not. A-lot of people are deferring or cancelling applications to uni but I would say it depends on the person because employers will ask what you spent your time doing in the year off or when taking the year out so in my opinion if someone has a good opportunity lined up or something to make the year count and they don't like the direction uni is going in for this academic year I would say they can opt to take the year off

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
Mojmeer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 minutes ago
Not for humanities and pharmacy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (21)
19.44%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (29)
26.85%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (15)
13.89%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (27)
25%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (10)
9.26%
I haven't started researching yet (6)
5.56%

Watched Threads