The Student Room Group

Do you believe in God?

If yes, why? if no, why not?
I'm just interested to hear people's opinions. Personally, I'm agnostic, but I'm curious what others think :smile:

Scroll to see replies

so im atheist but completely value every persons view.

personally i believe that there is no god, I’m not entirely sure why. i just don’t feel like there’s a higher presence as if there was, innocent souls wouldn’t die. I understand that if there was a God he would let humanity have free will and therefore cannot stop everything bad .

I’m not sure. I really want to believe as I think it’s a lovely feeling to feel like somebody looks out for you and having something to believe in is uplifting.

I’m not sure. I’m atheist but part of me hopes that there’s life after death :smile:
Original post by babyshark
so im atheist but completely value every persons view.

personally i believe that there is no god, I’m not entirely sure why. i just don’t feel like there’s a higher presence as if there was, innocent souls wouldn’t die. I understand that if there was a God he would let humanity have free will and therefore cannot stop everything bad .

I’m not sure. I really want to believe as I think it’s a lovely feeling to feel like somebody looks out for you and having something to believe in is uplifting.

I’m not sure. I’m atheist but part of me hopes that there’s life after death :smile:

yes I completely understand where you're coming from.

A quote from the book 'Mortal Instruments', Jace says 'There may be a God, there may not be. Either way, we are alone in this world'.That sentence has stuck with me since.

I don't really have an opinion on that sentence, just some food for thought....
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by vix.xvi
I'm just interested to hear people's opinions. Personally, I'm agnostic, but I'm curious what others think :smile:

I too am an agnostic, but I do believe there is someone watching over Earth.
Original post by Heterosexual Guy
I too am an agnostic, but I do believe there is someone watching over Earth.

hmmm

like the universe or something?
Original post by vix.xvi
hmmm

like the universe or something?

I believe there is someone watching over everything and if that turns out to be true, must be God.
Original post by vix.xvi
yes I completely understand where you're coming from.

A quote from the book 'Mortal Instruments', Jace says 'There may be a God, there may not be. Either way, we are alone in this world'.That sentence has stuck with me since.

I don't really have an opinion on that sentence, just some food for thought....

Ooo!
Original post by Heterosexual Guy
I believe there is someone watching over everything and if that turns out to be true, must be God.

Or CCTV ..

Why do you believe that?
(edited 3 years ago)
Nope. I believe He doesn't exist, but I do not know that for sure.
Reply 9
Yes,i believe in God.
Why? Because i see the sunset and waves crashing,and mountains,and stars and the beauty of the world and i think to myself: This can't have happened by chance. Something so perfect and so flawless and beautiful could not have been created by chance. Someone had to have done it. There has to be some sort of creator,someone higher than us,someone,anyone and i believe that is God. There's no way in my mind that all of this could be here by chance. That's why i believe in God.
But each to their own i guess. 🙃
I’m not saying it’s not possible, but no I don’t get as there is so little evidence.
Original post by Millyy22
Yes,i believe in God.
Why? Because i see the sunset and waves crashing,and mountains,and stars and the beauty of the world and i think to myself: This can't have happened by chance. Something so perfect and so flawless and beautiful could not have been created by chance. Someone had to have done it. There has to be some sort of creator,someone higher than us,someone,anyone and i believe that is God. There's no way in my mind that all of this could be here by chance. That's why i believe in God.

Nicee!!
Have u had any miracle like experiences that make you believe in a God? Some people say they've had one, just curious:smile:
Original post by RogerOxon
Or CCTV ..

Why do you believe that?

CCTV cannot watch over the universe, merely the Earth. This is all just my belief, doesn't make it true or false.
Original post by vix.xvi

No, because it doesn't make sense.
I used to be agnostic but now I'm completely athiest, religion just seems like magic to me, like believing in santa, I wish I was religious because I think it would help with a lot of things and believing in heaven would be great but there's no way I could ever believe in it. I don't judge anyone for being religious though, unless it's like extreme, this Christian woman said that my mum worshipped Satan the other day because my mum said she likes the Queen, thought that was a bit strange
Original post by vix.xvi
Nicee!!
Have u had any miracle like experiences that make you believe in a God? Some people say they've had one, just curious:smile:

No,no miracles yet ahah, but i don't know,there's just something in me that makes me so sure like,i feel it so strongly for some reason.😁
Original post by RogerOxon
Or CCTV ..

Why do you believe that?

😭😭😭CCTV
I do not believe in a God because there are no sufficient arguments in favour of a God's existence and the arguments against the typical theistic God are compelling (the argument from evil and divine hiddenness for example)

Even if we wanted to assume a deistic God to plug some gap in our ignorance, this STILL just passes the buck of explanation onto another entity, is less parimonious and still does not affect my life in any way
Original post by Millyy22
Yes,i believe in God.

That’s so lovely! I don’t mean this in a rude way but do you believe in evolution or that every human is made my God?

I’m so curious! :smile:
Original post by Moonbow
I’m not saying it’s not possible, but no I don’t get as there is so little evidence.

Personally,i see the world as evidence that there is a God as none of this could have happened by chance (in my opinion). If the world, If the UNIVERSE and all it' beauty is not proof enough of a creator,then i don't know what is! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending