The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Good Morning,

I haven't been following the thread closely and so apologies for not responding (I will respond on a separate post to a couple in a moment).

Last night I spoke to my girlfriend (in person, there was no need for a letter). I asked if she was ok with me recieving individual counseling and explained that it was because I often felt overwhelmed with a deep sense of guilt over what happened. She agreed but wanted to join me in the counseling sessions. We had a very special moment yesterday and she told me that she hardly ever thinks about it when she's around me. She said that there was a degree of perfection in our relationship but now she feels like we're going through the stage where we were getting to know each other all over again. She said that she's always struggled to return to normality after having a confrontation with someone, but that she is growing fond of me once again. I'm really pleased with the outcome and hope I can turn things around.

I know for many of you this was not the desired outcome, but I promise you that I will never repeat my mistake and I shall make as many compromises as neccessary to repay her good faith. This will be the last update, as any progress from here on in is very personal and I highly doubt that there would be any interest from posters on this thread.

I'm so glad! Also really encouraged that she wanted to join you - there is really room for growth there. Interesting that she thought of the relationship as 'perfect' before - none are, which this has proved to her, but knowing the realities and limitations of a relationship is the only way to build a lasting foundation for a long term future. Don't expect the counseling to be smooth - there will probably be many ups and downs, and you will both discover things about yourselves and each other that will be hard to face, but I think you have a good chance of coming out the other side stronger. I wish you every success. As it's your last post I can confess I'm a mum who stumbled across your post while looking for information on my kids university choice. So glad I did - I think having a little longevity often helps in these matters :wink:
Previous post was meant for you. Cheers for having the confidence to be contrarian and helping. I've confirmed our first session for next week

See mine below. Hurrah!
See mine below. Hurrah!

Or rather above! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending