The Student Room Group

Gushing about my crush

This isn't a question, I just need somewhere to gush since I've already talked about this with my friends recently and I don't want to bother them with it again. Basically this is a post where I gush about my crush, feel free to read it you want to, and if you don't want to then now is the time to click away.

Okay so here's the story: I graduated secondary school in 2018, but while I was there I took the bus from my village to my school every morning. There was a guy in the year above who also got the same bus, his brother was in my form. This guy was totally crazy, loud and energetic and weird. I don't really remember any of our interactions specifically unfortunately, however there weren't all that many of them. I was always the shy quiet kid with self esteem issues, I believed nobody could ever love me, but still I wished and hoped someone would. I got through secondary school, the guy graduated the year before me and left. The bus seemed a bit more boring without him on it, I'd always thought he was pretty and cool but I wasn't super fussed that he was gone, I barely thought about him much when he wasn't near me. The year after, I graduated, left for college, sorted out my self esteem issues, and then one night I couldn't sleep.

At almost 3am exactly I got a message, something like "Hey, were you that quiet girl from the bus?" It was from that guy. And I responded "Haha yep that was me" and then we got to talking. The next morning we called for an hour, we only stopped because my phone ran out of charge. We spent the time catching up, talking about what had happened since we both left school. He revealed to me that he used to have a crush on me, I was amazed! Never in my life would I have expected someone as cool and interesting as him to have a crush on me!

We continued to talk the next day, he told me he used to have a youtube channel where he played music. Then we didn't talk much for a while. I used this time of his absence to watch the channel. I watched him play the guitar, he was really good, and I listened to how his singing improved into his later videos, I watched him react to one of his old videos, and play minecraft, and, wow. He's talented, and funny, and pretty, and oh how gorgeous his eyes are, I could stare into them for hours.... oh. oh no! Now I have a crush on him!! I didn't mean for that to happen but it did. And boy am I crushing hard!

next time we spoke I told him I saw his channel, made fun of him for it a bit, teasing each other felt really good. He gave me nickname "Tadpole" apparently it's because they're small and cute just like me. He'd called me cute a few times now, that's a good sign right? We called again and it was so good to hear his voice and see his face.

Now I yearn for the next time we talk, hoping that he'll initiate so I know he's interested, considering initiating myself so that we'll definitely talk. I'm moving house soon, he knows that so maybe he's not messaging because he doesn't want to interrupt if I'm busy - how considerate! Or maybe he'd just not that into me anymore...

I want to give him a nickname too, I said I would, I'm thinking of a husky because they're weird and have beautiful eyes just like him. But then I'll have to tell him why I picked a husky and he might get scared off if I tell him I think his eyes are beautiful. I think I'm reading too much into this. I always know I'm really into someone when I start overthinking. But damn is he special.

Well now you know the story of my crush! I'll be amazed if anyone even reads this far. If he finds this I'm screwed! But he's not a student anymore so hopefully he doesn't use tsr. There's still so much more I could say about him, and I really could talk about him for ages, but I have things I need to do now, but if anyone did get that far and you want to know more about him then just drop a comment! Maybe we can talk about our crushes together if you want to gush about yours too. In fact that's a good idea! Please gush about your crushes in the comments!

well thats everything for now, congratulations for reading this far, I hope you'll leave a comment, thanks for giving me so much of your attention!
Reply 1
This is quite vomit inducing but in the best way possible you two sound like you could be great! When they give you a nickname that’s a good sign.
Reply 2
Why does he have to be the one to initiate conversations?
If you want to talk to him, just talk to him.
Reply 3
The word gush just makes me uneasy there just something about it :/
Reply 4
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Why does he have to be the one to initiate conversations?
If you want to talk to him, just talk to him.

Because if I ALWAYS initiate then it feels like he doesn't actually want to talk
Reply 5
Original post by TheDE
This is quite vomit inducing but in the best way possible you two sound like you could be great! When they give you a nickname that’s a good sign.

Haha thank you! :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Because if I ALWAYS initiate then it feels like he doesn't actually want to talk

So he only talks to you when its on his time?
That seems a bit one sided...
Quite a cute story
Are you the introverted type? If yes then I get the fact that you are "gushing" like that.
Introverts are really sensitive and imaginative persons. I am sure you feel like you are on clouds.
Hope things will work between the two of you.
Please try to initiate with him from time to time.
Guys want to feel needed too
Did you text him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending