The Student Room Group

Should we wear a mask when exercising in the park?

Someone lives in the UK. And today she went with some class members. And she didn't wear masks. Is that ok?
Also she is not sure whether she was social distancing. And their were people coming to here. Next to her.
She asked a member of staff before. And she said 'No because you will be exercising.'
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sofie Rose
Someone lives in the UK. And today she went with some class members. And we didn't wear masks. Is that ok?

Depends. If you were two meters apart it should be fine, wearing masks would have decreased the chance of infection even lower, but social distancing also works. The government guidelines say that masks aren't a substitute for social distancing, but if everyone is wearing one, the rate of infection drops
Hope this helps!
Someone lives in the UK. And today she went with some class members. And she didn't wear masks. Is that ok?
Also she is not sure whether she was social distancing. And their were people coming to here. Next to her.
She asked a member of staff before. And she said 'No because you will be exercising.'

If you are going for a run, then personally it is near-impossible to get enough air while wearing a mask. There are a lot of joggers/runners in my area and none of them wear masks because of this. However as a consequence, it is all the more important to socially distance when exercising outdoors.
Reply 3
Personally I wouldn't be wearing a mask to exercise in the park. Generally, I'd be doing cardio and I'd ideally need to be able to breathe freely to do that.
Its not recommended to wear a mask whilst exercising.

It's quite risky seeing that there's people around her
**** the government, I'm not wearing one. Ya hear me!
Reply 7
No, you don't need to wear a mask outside. The gov rules are for them to be worn in shops / behind doors in public spaces.

Original post by Anonymous
**** the government, I'm not wearing one. Ya hear me!

Big man posting behind anon :rolleyes:
Just do what you think is sensible.

Quick Reply

Latest