The Student Room Group

can i go further into the route of midwifery?

hey guys, kinda rlly down trodden on my career path as a midwife, will i grow more or just stay in one level?

pls tell me more!!!!
In my experience of any job, you will stay at one level unless you make the moves to progress. In midwifery there is scope to progress to Delivery Suite Manager, Head of Midwifery, Consultant Midwife, Director of the service....there's scope to contribute to teaching alongside your practice and work as a lecturer or work in management. Loads of opportunities!
Reply 2
I heard there is only a bachelor or science in midwifery and that’s all.
You would do a BSc in Midwifery but after that the doors are open to further on the job training, masters courses etc.
Reply 4
Original post by lozzyhickers
You would do a BSc in Midwifery but after that the doors are open to further on the job training, masters courses etc.

Oh are there really like masters in Midwifery?!
Original post by AA_/123
Oh are there really like masters in Midwifery?!

Of course there are. There are masters courses in everything! Not to mention PhD's.
Reply 6
masters in midwifery!!!!!!! i am an undergraduate omg thank you this brings my hopes up!!!!! rlly thought midwifery was a small department!
I can see that you're not an undergraduate, you're still writing your PS...but no problem anyway.
Reply 8
*going to become one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending