The Student Room Group

What do I do???!

Basically I was dating a guy (guy A) who was long distance for about a year, all was going well, but we broke up because we thought it wasn’t working with the distance and our uni lives

Then I met this other guy (guy B) and we started dating, and he was really good to me, and we really got on

But that went downhill as soon as lockdown started because he didn’t want to do the distance either, so we agreed to be friends

He also said he was looking for a casual relationship (and that’s not really my thing) so I said I’d really only be a friend to him and not a FWB

Guy A then got back in touch and said that he wanted to have another go, so we got back together and it was fine for a few weeks

Now Guy A has gone really distant over the last few days. We’ve both been struggling with our mental health over lockdown but I thought he was alright, we’re now barely talking but he says it’s nothing to do with our relationship

And Guy B has just got back in touch and said he’s been thinking and wants to see if we could have another go at a relationship. I’ve said I’d like to be friends for joe which he’s accepted

But what do I do???!
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I was dating a guy (guy A) who was long distance for about a year, all was going well, but we broke up because we thought it wasn’t working with the distance and our uni lives

Then I met this other guy (guy B) and we started dating, and he was really good to me, and we really got on

But that went downhill as soon as lockdown started because he didn’t want to do the distance either, so we agreed to be friends

He also said he was looking for a casual relationship (and that’s not really my thing) so I said I’d really only be a friend to him and not a FWB

Guy A then got back in touch and said that he wanted to have another go, so we got back together and it was fine for a few weeks

Now Guy A has gone really distant over the last few days. We’ve both been struggling with our mental health over lockdown but I thought he was alright, we’re now barely talking but he says it’s nothing to do with our relationship

And Guy B has just got back in touch and said he’s been thinking and wants to see if we could have another go at a relationship. I’ve said I’d like to be friends for joe which he’s accepted

But what do I do???!

You need to have a video call with Guy A and ask him to tell you what's going on. Tell him that it isn't fair for him to suddenly go silent on you and not tell you anything. Tell him that a relationship will only work with communication and that if he doesn't talk to you he can't expect the relationship to be a good one, which could then harm his mental health even more. Maybe he isn't mentally available for a relationship, if that makes sense. It might be best to remain supportive friends instead of labelling yourself as in a relationship. But it isn't fair on you for him to just push you aside like this.

Guy B... is he truly happy being just friends? Are you happy being just friends with a guy who you know is really just waiting for you to get into bed with him? Do you have feelings for this guy?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You need to have a video call with Guy A and ask him to tell you what's going on. Tell him that it isn't fair for him to suddenly go silent on you and not tell you anything. Tell him that a relationship will only work with communication and that if he doesn't talk to you he can't expect the relationship to be a good one, which could then harm his mental health even more. Maybe he isn't mentally available for a relationship, if that makes sense. It might be best to remain supportive friends instead of labelling yourself as in a relationship. But it isn't fair on you for him to just push you aside like this.

Guy B... is he truly happy being just friends? Are you happy being just friends with a guy who you know is really just waiting for you to get into bed with him? Do you have feelings for this guy?

I definitely will talk to Guy A, but I know he’s said before that he wouldn’t want to be friends with me If we weren’t in a relationship

I don’t know with Guy B, I would genuinely be happy just being mates with him because I care about him a lot, even if it’s not in a relationship kind of way, but equally I’m not sure if I believe what he’s saying about him wanting me back
Original post by Anonymous
I definitely will talk to Guy A, but I know he’s said before that he wouldn’t want to be friends with me If we weren’t in a relationship

I don’t know with Guy B, I would genuinely be happy just being mates with him because I care about him a lot, even if it’s not in a relationship kind of way, but equally I’m not sure if I believe what he’s saying about him wanting me back

Have a chat with Guy B and explain your doubts. Hopefully he will respond in a genuine way that makes you feel better.
Hi there.
Yeah I think that you should talk with guy A and ask him why he is silent all of sudden with you.
Talk to guy B too
But tell him you do not want sex with him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending