The Student Room Group

Finance advice for my current University situation

Hi, I am currently studying Computer Science and Mathematics BSc, I failed my first year (34%) due to circumstances beyond my control (two accepted mitigating circumstances claims) and I am thinking about resitting the entire year again with attendance. I am however thinking about how I am going to cover this financially. Last year I completed a foundation year before entering my degree, and I wish to do a masters degree after graduating.

Can somebody please explain how postgraduate funding works in contrast to undergraduate, and will I be able to claim an extra year of funding for resitting next year with attendance?

Thank you
Original post by lmrice
Hi, I am currently studying Computer Science and Mathematics BSc, I failed my first year (34%) due to circumstances beyond my control (two accepted mitigating circumstances claims) and I am thinking about resitting the entire year again with attendance. I am however thinking about how I am going to cover this financially. Last year I completed a foundation year before entering my degree, and I wish to do a masters degree after graduating.

Can somebody please explain how postgraduate funding works in contrast to undergraduate, and will I be able to claim an extra year of funding for resitting next year with attendance?

Thank you

Was your foundation year integrated into your current degree (same university and you didn’t have to apply for entry onto the degree through ucas)?
If so then your course length for undergrad funding will be based on the length of the course including the foundation year and repeating the year would be counted as your gift year (everyone gets one year). If you’re worried that you may need to repeat again then it is worth submitting evidence for compelling personal reasons for the repeat year. Then your gift year wouldn’t be used up.

Postgraduate loan entitlement isn’t affected by how many years of undergraduate funding you have been given

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending