The Student Room Group

Should I change Driving Instructor or stick with my current one

I’ve recently started driving lessons again after moving to a new city before lockdown. I have two lessons a week, each lessons is straight after I finish work and normally last for an hour and a half, so far i’ve had 7 lessons in total. However I feel like my progress is going backwards as I have one lesson that goes okay and then one really bad lesson, my instructor said this is normal considering how tired I sometimes am. However I asked if i could have lessons at the weekend instead which might suit me better, he couldnt change them as he does not work weekends. Is it worth me sticking with my current instructor or trying to find a different one?
It's your money - do what is best for you.

You could of course try a few at the weekend to see how it goes.
Different one, trying to do lessons right after work is....not good, IMO, and perfectly reasonable for them not to work weekends.
Reply 3
I think if things aren’t clicking with an instructor and they can’t accommodate your needs it’s worth trying a change. See if you can get a recommendation or at least check they can do the weekend slot. 1 1/2 is quite a long lesson too.
Plenty of instructors do work weekends, it's not a bad thing that he's made that boundary for himself but might not work for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending