The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
boris for king!
Reply 2
no way the guy is a clown
I pray for never.
Reply 4
He's not a MP anymore is he? If he isn't, you can't be PM.
professoryackle
If not, why not?

Because popularity on a television panel show doesn't translate into votes as party leader.
No way. He's a maverick, that's why he ran for London mayor. His party would never elect him leader.
Kink
He's not a MP anymore is he? If he isn't, you can't be PM.

No, he gave up the position when he became Mayor. But that's not to say he couldn't become a MP at some future date, surely?
Reply 8
nearlyheadlessian
Because popularity on a television panel show doesn't translate into votes as party leader.

Seconded.
Reply 9
Don't be ridiculous. I move to have you struck off the electoral register.
If Boris ever became PM, then I'd have lost all hope in British democracy. I'd emigrate if that nightmare scenario happened.

*shudder*
The guy is a blathering fool. Ping pongs coming home. What arsewipe says that as a way to attract people to come to 2012.

EDIT: Couldn't the spineless tosser who neg repped me grow some balls and let me know.

EDIT 2: Lol for the sad arse who negged me "Just because you're bitching about being negged" and "hahaha". How pathetic are you people?
nearlyheadlessian

Doesn't it? I think TV popularity is just the thing that could help him win public votes. Look at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3799232.ece which was written before the mayoral election and predicted Ken would win. We all know what happened next.

Could that happen again at a general election, I wonder?
Reply 13
professoryackle
No, he gave up the position when he became Mayor. But that's not to say he couldn't become a MP at some future date, surely?

If does become an MP again only..I think that is the whole rule of the game. He'll have to become a backbencher because a constituency will never vote him in again I'm afraid so it's very unlikely he will gain popularity and status in the House of Commons.

He'll never become a MP again and give up all that lovely money and other benefits associated with being Mayor.
Democracy

Lol, I like your spirit!
I'm so glad that Ken is running for Mayor again (as an independant!) in 2012.
TKnightrider
The guy is a blathering fool. Ping pongs coming home. What arsewipe says that as a way to attract people to come to 2012.

It was quite funny though :ninja:
Democracy

A real advocate of democracy...
"Mr Prime Minister, what are your views on the growing threat of a new Cold War?" "Umm, well yes, er, buses?"

Nuff said.
Reply 19
I'd say it's entirely possible. I don't share many Labour Party members' views that he's a bumbling idiot. I think he's an extremely intelligent man, he just doesn't share my political perspective on a number of issues.

Latest

Trending

Trending