The Student Room Group

I'm pretty excited to be going to uni this September, but I have things on my mind

So as the title says I start my uni life in NTU this September and I'm pretty hyped. But the main thing that is ok my mind is.
1. I'm pretty shy and awkward but I want to gain more confidence and get rid of that, is Freshers week going to help me? I don't know much about freshers week so it would be great if someone could explain. But I would need to make new friends not many of my friends from college are coming NTU and I would also like to talk to some ladies 😅🤣 but yeah what are tips you guys can offer and do you guys think with this Corona thing it's gonna make things in fresher week awkward since people will be keeping their distance?

2. I'll be in halls and I want people to respect what is mine, like my food items what do you guys recommend to do? just label it? I'll keep dry food stuff in my room but like stuff that needs to be in the fridge and cupboard has he worried. Do you guys think they will respect my stuff or will it just depend. Also is there a limit of what I can bring with me to uni? like I built my pc during quarantine so that's deffo coming, but how about clothes etc?

3. I love the game of basketball, but not that much to join a full fledged team, do most unis let students use the faculties freely?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So as the title says I start my uni life in NTU this September and I'm pretty hyped. But the main thing that is ok my mind is.
1. I'm pretty shy and awkward but I want to gain more confidence and get rid of that, is Freshers week going to help me? I don't know much about freshers week so it would be great if someone could explain. But I would need to make new friends not many of my friends from college are coming NTU and I would also like to talk to some ladies 😅🤣 but yeah what are tips you guys can offer and do you guys think with this Corona thing it's gonna make things in fresher week awkward since people will be keeping their distance?

2. I'll be in halls and I want people to respect what is mine, like my food items what do you guys recommend to do? just label it? I'll keep dry food stuff in my room but like stuff that needs to be in the fridge and cupboard has he worried. Do you guys think they will respect my stuff or will it just depend. Also is there a limit of what I can bring with me to uni? like I built my pc during quarantine so that's deffo coming, but how about clothes etc?

3. I love the game of basketball, but not that much to join a full fledged team, do most unis let students use the faculties freely?

You’ll make loads
Of new friends in freshers week and there won’t be a dull moment, even if the clubs aren’t open.
You’ll slowly gain confidence through independence.

People will most likely respect your stuff but just don’t be surprised if they steal a few ml’s of milk or juice or a spoon goes missing as it will happen.

Most unis will let you use them free if they have a designated pitch although some like mine you have to belong to the gym.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending