The Student Room Group

UCAS Application after recent U-Turn

Last Thursday I was downgraded in 2 of my subjects which meant I missed out on both my firm (Chemistry BSc) and insurance choice (Earth and Planetary science BSc) at University of Manchester. I ended up applying to Manchester Met for the Chemistry MChem course. Now that my grades have gone up, I now meet the requirements for my insurance but fear that I will have to wait until 2021 to study that course which I really don't want to do! I just wanted to let other people know that you aren't alone and I've been told that I will probably have to wait until next week to find out if I get a place for entry this year. It's been a pretty stressful week for a lot of us and I hope everyone gets to somewhere they are happy. No one deserves to go through this but we can all say that we made it as a cohort. I wish you all luck in your future studies and I bet whatever you guys do, you will do great.
Original post by stooooooph
Last Thursday I was downgraded in 2 of my subjects which meant I missed out on both my firm (Chemistry BSc) and insurance choice (Earth and Planetary science BSc) at University of Manchester. I ended up applying to Manchester Met for the Chemistry MChem course. Now that my grades have gone up, I now meet the requirements for my insurance but fear that I will have to wait until 2021 to study that course which I really don't want to do! I just wanted to let other people know that you aren't alone and I've been told that I will probably have to wait until next week to find out if I get a place for entry this year. It's been a pretty stressful week for a lot of us and I hope everyone gets to somewhere they are happy. No one deserves to go through this but we can all say that we made it as a cohort. I wish you all luck in your future studies and I bet whatever you guys do, you will do great.

If you now meet the grades for your insurance choice there is a good chance they will be able to offer you a place for 2020. It's true that some people are being asked to defer but that is normally for more popular courses (no offence :colondollar:) or for health related courses where they have strict quotas.

We are hoping that the unis will have your new grades by Friday (sent by UCAS) so it is possible you will get an email from Manchester uni soon - if not I would try phoning them on Friday afternoon.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on! You aren't alone either :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending