The Student Room Group

Deferring a year! Will I be reimbursed?

I've received an offer at Uni of Birmingham and would like to defer it to the 21/22 academic year. After a discussion with admissions they stated that a deposit of £1500 (non- refundable) will need to be paid. I was wanting to know weather or not student finance will reimburse me at all when I begin the course? E.g. the money spent on the deposit will be deducted from the university fees. Thank you in advance for any advice and support provided.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ealgar000
I've received an offer at Uni of Birmingham and would like to defer it to the 21/22 academic year. After a discussion with admissions they stated that a deposit of £1500 (non- refundable) will need to be paid. I was wanting to know weather or not student finance will reimburse me at all when I begin the course? E.g. the money spent on the deposit will be deducted from the university fees. Thank you in advance for any advice and support provided.

Hi, we will not refund you on this. If the money will be deducted from the fee then you can ask the university to refund you once they receive the fee loan from us or alternatively you can request less Tuition Fee Loan next year.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending