The Student Room Group

✨reaching for a starinthenight:a multiyear gyg✨

Scroll to see replies

i finally finished medentry dm question bank but im still scared for dm because a LOT of people are saying its much harder in the actual test so i might also do the official question bank on it too
and also in the score sheet i posted of someone elses results^^^it looks like they generally did better in the medify mocks for dm than the real test and also their official mocks seem to be more reflective of their score in the ucat for dm
but i might leave that as something to do after a LOT more vr practise (at least 3 days of vr - im gonna try and finish the medify question bank because people say that the medentry passages were generally shorter)
i might just rewatch the ucat secrets video on vr because i liked his style of approaching the text more than emil eddy because it feels like emil eddy takes time to read the passage and understand it but the medentry passages are shorter anyway so that maybe possible for those short passages but not for the much longer passages
plus ucat secrets seems to have a more systematic approach that i can understand and u dont need to retain as much info
cuz emil eddy just sorta remembers everything vaguely *not everyone has an incredible memory like you*
also he seems to be more interested in the passages he reads which i genuinely cant do
whereas ucat secrets skips to the relevant parts
i acc only have one mini mock on vr left to do which i might do the day before the test as well
also i think its better safe than sorry to be practising with longer passages than shorter ones so im just gonna leave the medentry question bank alone i think ive only completed 11% of it anyways
my mock scores for ar are not that great 650-750 range but i also know that medify makes the ar so much harder than it needs to be specifically towards the later mocks
also i realised that passmedicine cant be used to do vr because it uses the old style of questions where they mix up the t/f/ct with the *which of the following* and the *author* questions which makes it harder to sorta navigate if ygm
i dont want to neglect qr cuz it feels like that rn (but i might do a mini mock from passmed every day just to keep in touch)

i need to remember the morning of the test to just do some vr passages and just familiarise myself with reading long passages in the morning

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
5 days left - is this vr thing working?
massive flex getting over 50% for me
im just gonna keep going

Spoiler

mock 22.JPG
5 days until ucat
medify mock 22 -
well that was certainly interesting i seem to have done better than most people but then at the same time scored 300 below my average
im a little p*ssed as you can probably tell
heres my raw scores since nobody else seems to have done medify mock 22 and i feel like im sobbing by myself
please tell me that other people found this mock hard
vr- 34/44
dm -20/29
qr 26/36 *wtf like acc wtf*
ar 26/50 *lets not even start*
sjt- 42/66

and apparently the vr was easy
just great.

m22.JPG

Spoiler

i have a theory about mock 22
because its really weird in my opinion to just give a mock out in the middle of august in the peak of ucat time for a company as big as medify
so i have a feeling that the questions that they gave were the hardest questions that they heard of during this ucat season

by the end of tomorrow
*finish sjt medentry-2 (takes 3 hours)
*finish dm official qbank-1 (takes 3 hours)
*1 mock (2hours)
(edited 1 year ago)
4 days left until ucat
mock 23.JPG
somebody at medify hq is having a laugh at me
this means ill have to do 2 mocks today
when you literally finish mock 22 yesterday and then they add another mock:
well THERE GOES MY PLANS
tbh i could do mock 23 tomorrow but im scared theyre gonna add another mock
and also the fact that this mock might be really hard and kill my self esteem
ive changed my plan im doing two mocs everyday and then one mock the day before
(edited 1 year ago)
OKAY done mock 23.- 4 days left
DEFINITELY MUCH HARDER than the older mocks ESPECIALLY DM and qr was a bit ridiculous (normally getting 800+ but these two mocks were crazy hard in the qr section)
ar was hard but hard as usual esp like mocks 16-21
vr seemed a bit easier (as you can tell)
dm seem to be so much harder now - it feels like its even harder than medentry - theres no easy questions like even the venn diagram questions etc are hard
mock 23.JPG
raw scores were
33/44
20/29-700
26/36
35/50
50(42+16)/66
2880 b2
still much lower than what i usually get and also i felt like i found it incredibly hard when i was doing it
hopefully the bell curves will come in the next few days

i felt like the new mocks are giving me medentry style mocks
apparently the dm of the official mocks are the same as the ones in the qeustion bank *sighs*
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by starinthenight3
8 days left until the ucat - took a whole 15 MINUTES FOR MY LAPTOP TO LOAD UP great start to a monday morning
anyway i was just updating my self with the ucat thread CUZ HAHA why not
and i found this gem -
thank you to that user who shared it
i thought id insert their scores on here cuz im basically filtering out the useful parts of the ucat thread at this point on my blog
this is not mine lol
D8E5C20C-96D8-4877-8DD7-B28B48B104D5.jpg.jpeg
i think its crazy i still have a week left to further improve my scores
no that its gonna help in vr

thank god both the google spreadsheet exists and that this person has done medentry mock 13
because i was thinking that i was on a down hill slope after today and yesterday with medify mock 22/23 and medentry mock 13
they all just seem to be hard and they all just happened to collide on the same day
but im getting very similar scores to this person so i feel reassured
i was gonna start crying
and also other people on the medify google sheet said mock 22/23 is significantly harder - even harder than medify mock 6
(edited 1 year ago)
3 days to go until ucat -
vr- defo gonna keep the practise going ALTHOUGH i might switch to medentry because i feel like the medentry ones have more inference even though the passages are shorter which makes it harder and i seem to be getting a lot right with medify which makes me wonder whether the medify is easier because there are more keywords that are easier to spot despite the fact that the passages are longer
medentry mocks.JPG
we are absolutely loving the variation between mocks over the last couple of days *sighs*
oh yh i forgot i was gonna outline how im feeling about each section
vr- need some work basically
*like desperate work*
*like haha im failing kinda work*
*like a thank god qr exists otherwise i would be failing kinda work*
dm- i think im okay (also ive basically used a lot of the resources so you cant say i havent tried my best lol)
qr- going good
ar- HHAHAHAHHAH idk like i feel like its too unpredictable also the fcat that a lot of people say that ar is easier in the test so I HOPE THE UCAT GODS LOVE ME
sjt- its okay i think its okay like band 1/2 defo
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 787
Hi- great blog btw
I have my UCAT exam on Tuesday too.
I've just completed the official practice test D. Some of the texts looked familiar (although with different questions), so I am taking the VR score with caution. However, I found this a little easier than the other official mocks (QR in Test A was brutal). I was wondering whether this was your experience too?
Original post by devoz
Hi- great blog btw
I have my UCAT exam on Tuesday too.
I've just completed the official practice test D. Some of the texts looked familiar (although with different questions), so I am taking the VR score with caution. However, I found this a little easier than the other official mocks (QR in Test A was brutal). I was wondering whether this was your experience too?

hi thank you!
I found mock test A is incredibly hard too it was acc a bit ridiculous
mock D is meant to be more realistic of the exam (and i think i scored the highest in mock C and D out of all the official mocks)
so yh definitely Mock D is one of the easier ones i think out of all the official mocks
2 days left until ucat (31st august)
im feeling pretty confident right now and i just need to focus on my vr and then im pretty much ready to do the test (because i would have emptied out everything in terms of the question banks apart from qr(medentry and medify) and vr (just medify) )
im feeling a bit lazy to do a second mock today but then at the same time i know i have to
i genuinely think motivation is the hardest part of ucat prep and definitely getting that initial start

Spoiler

21:59 edit: im probably gonna do mock D again the day before cuz the last time i did it was 3 weeks ago and ngl i dont think i can remember anything
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 790
2 days left until ucat (31st august)
im feeling pretty confident right now and i just need to focus on my vr and then im pretty much ready to do the test (because i would have emptied out everything in terms of the question banks apart from qr(medentry and medify) and vr (just medify) )
im feeling a bit lazy to do a second mock today but then at the same time i know i have to
i genuinely think motivation is the hardest part of ucat prep and definitely getting that initial start

Spoiler

This forum has a lot of candidates putting their test results (usually medify) and official results up.......not that I am obsessing over comparing my scores :smile:
https://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/threads/predicting-ucat-scores-from-mock-exam-results.35614/page-12
Original post by devoz
This forum has a lot of candidates putting their test results (usually medify) and official results up.......not that I am obsessing over comparing my scores :smile:
https://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/threads/predicting-ucat-scores-from-mock-exam-results.35614/page-12

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by devoz

Hi I've got my ucat on 31st hopefully its on a similar difficulty to medify and not like the official mocks (especially A and B...)

Also most of those students are aussies and their percentile boundaries are higher so they need to score more highly than ppl in the UK
What unis you thinking of btw?
1 day until ucat (31st august 9am)
im sh*tting myself.
the nerves are not good
also the fact that i got 2810 this morning is giving me anxiety
because i bombed dm which normally carries me like qr
i hope the ucat is full of logic puzzles rather than syllogisms
vr was bombed as per usual
qr is the one life saver i have
and um abstract reasoning i over thought every pattern
it was literally like there are 5 black shapes
and my mind was on like a whole other complication level for ar
so i bombed that too
and the worst part is its on medentry mock 18 which is meant to be the *most representative*
medentry.JPG
so for the next two hours of my life im going to be doing medify ar because i need to stop overcomplicating
and just boost my ever diminishing self esteem
(edited 1 year ago)
1 day until ucat (31st august 9am)
im sh*tting myself.
the nerves are not good
also the fact that i got 2810 this morning is giving me anxiety
because i bombed dm which normally carries me like qr
i hope the ucat is full of logic puzzles rather than syllogisms
vr was bombed as per usual
qr is the one life saver i have
and um abstract reasoning i over thought every pattern
it was literally like there are 5 black shapes
and my mind was on like a whole other complication level for ar
so i bombed that too
and the worst part is its on medentry mock 18 which is meant to be the *most representative*
medentry.JPG
so for the next two hours of my life im going to be doing medify ar because i need to stop overcomplicating
and just boost my ever diminishing self esteem

Best of luck:smile:
im super sad to see so many volunteers on tsr go :frown:
i feel like theyre the scaffolding and without it the site is just gonna crumble

Spoiler

Original post by _Rusty_
Best of luck:smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Tomorrow is my ucat :smile:
okay so today is an interesting day because ive actually replicated the day of the exam
i had the same breakfast i was gonna have
took my hayfever tablets
and changed and got ready
and im gonna do a mock exam in the local library at 9am (which is the time of my ucat)
just to get the feel of the foreign environment and computer
the bigger text , clicky keyboard , larger screen etc
and just help me relax a bit more
so that tomorrow ill get deja vu and know what to expect

im going to take my noise cancelling headphones however because it is a local library and frankly i dont want a baby screaming down my ear whilst im tryna find who started the vietnam war in vr

i feel like this will calm me down a lot

i think something i had wish i had done in my prep is go to the library more often to do a mock
like once every week
the computers there are free and theres no hassle - its just my laziness thats holding me back
5 days left - is this vr thing working?
massive flex getting over 50% for me
im just gonna keep going

Spoiler

ive just started vr and its going terrible, ive did 10 sets and ive almost got all answers wrong and ive taken like 2 minutes average to answer them :frown: how are you tackling reading comp questions because im finding this wayyyyy too hard
Original post by PlumCake420
ive just started vr and its going terrible, ive did 10 sets and ive almost got all answers wrong and ive taken like 2 minutes average to answer them :frown: how are you tackling reading comp questions because im finding this wayyyyy too hard

hey might answer that question tomorrow if thats okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending