The Student Room Group

NHS Ordering Uniform

Hi, I am starting my new job with the NHS soon but I don't understand the process with ordering my uniform.

In my new staff starter pack, the instructions are very vague. It says "once a start date has been confirmed, it is the responsibility of the new starter to arrange a sizing appointment with the Linen Team. Here they will receive a form stating sizes and uniform type. This form is to be given to their manager to complete the uniform request form. A fully completed form is to be emailed to the *insert email address* mailbox. For new starters the uniform request form needs to be emailed to the linen department 3 weeks before start date".

There is a sheet attached named "example completed uniform request form" which is empty, so I don't know if i'm supposed to fill this out and send it to the linel team, or email the linen team to request a different form.
Also, there is a section on the form where you have to specify what quantity of each item of uniform you require, but I don't know what to put! I don't even know what I need to order. E.g. there is an option to order a fleece and a skirt but surely I won't be wearing that if i'm working on a ward as a support worker :redface:.
Reply 1
Original post by TheAnxiousSloth
Hi, I am starting my new job with the NHS soon but I don't understand the process with ordering my uniform.

In my new staff starter pack, the instructions are very vague. It says "once a start date has been confirmed, it is the responsibility of the new starter to arrange a sizing appointment with the Linen Team. Here they will receive a form stating sizes and uniform type. This form is to be given to their manager to complete the uniform request form. A fully completed form is to be emailed to the *insert email address* mailbox. For new starters the uniform request form needs to be emailed to the linen department 3 weeks before start date".

There is a sheet attached named "example completed uniform request form" which is empty, so I don't know if i'm supposed to fill this out and send it to the linel team, or email the linen team to request a different form.
Also, there is a section on the form where you have to specify what quantity of each item of uniform you require, but I don't know what to put! I don't even know what I need to order. E.g. there is an option to order a fleece and a skirt but surely I won't be wearing that if i'm working on a ward as a support worker :redface:.

Hi! I'd just check with your manager or ward clerk, or even just email the linen team to ask them what you need. That's what I did. Also, I highly recommend buying your own trousers, because the ones they give you are awful and do not fit well!
Original post by Nerol
Hi! I'd just check with your manager or ward clerk, or even just email the linen team to ask them what you need. That's what I did. Also, I highly recommend buying your own trousers, because the ones they give you are awful and do not fit well!

Oh no, I am quite skinny but my manager said I will need the trousers in size small instead of extra small. I'm worried they'll be too big on me!
Reply 3
Original post by TheAnxiousSloth
Oh no, I am quite skinny but my manager said I will need the trousers in size small instead of extra small. I'm worried they'll be too big on me!

Seriously, buy your own - they are awful! I got some from M&S for £15 each - nice and comfy, stretchy material. But yeah, definitely go a size bigger. I'm a chunky monkey, usually size 16. I got size 18 trousers and they were still too small! I was unwilling to have to get a size 20 haha! The waist was too tight, but the legs were like tents. What female has that kind of body shape?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending