The Student Room Group

Girl I like she likes me back

So erm I wrote yesterday about a girl I really liked but was too shy to speak to her well today I plucked the courage to speak to her on my break and it ended up with her giving me her number and we are meeting up tonight I can't believe it I've had to lie to my parents though because especially my dad he's homophobic and doesn't know I'm into girls instead of boys, how do I handle tonight I'm nervous?
Reply 1
Well done for having the courage to ask her out!! I'm sorry that your dads homophobic, and that you had to lie to him... I wouldn't recommend telling him the truth right before the date, as you would already be nervous and it's not the time to sit down to talk properly. If you're under 18, telling your parents what you're doing can also be important for reasons of safety, e.g. they know where you are and if something happens they can pick you up. I would recommend telling them you are having dinner with a 'friend', and if you feel like you want to tell them the truth, do it later when you have the time and are feeling more relaxed and prepared. Telling them you are with a friend as opposed to someones you are romantically interested in, along with the true location of the date, minimises the lie and still keeps you safe. So for now, focus on your date!! The girl you like likes you back and you should be really excited :smile: It's normal to be nervous, enjoy the date, and you can worry about your parents and the 'hanging out with a friend/date' detail tomorrow.
Omgggg that's so great about the girl but that sucks about your parents. Honestly I'd just tell them you're seeing a friend tonight instead which ik isnt the best, but just see how your date goes I hope you enjoy it!

Im in a sought of similar situo where I think a girl I kinda like likes me back but I dont wanna risk it (I'm bi btw- only my closest friends and my cousin fully know). If you dont mind me asking how did you ask her about it or did you already know she wasnt straight?
My dad is also anti gay I'm ashamed to call him my dad
Reply 4
Omg it went amazing last night erm she even invited me back to her place for a bit and yeah things happened my dad had a go at me because I came home late and even had the cheek to say I'd been having sex which was true but I told him no I haven't. What's worse my dad hoped the person killed in Birmingham was gay :frown: I really don't want to tell him I'm with another girl as he thinks it's so wrong
Original post by Anonymous
So erm I wrote yesterday about a girl I really liked but was too shy to speak to her well today I plucked the courage to speak to her on my break and it ended up with her giving me her number and we are meeting up tonight I can't believe it I've had to lie to my parents though because especially my dad he's homophobic and doesn't know I'm into girls instead of boys, how do I handle tonight I'm nervous?

Someone likes you back?

no way... I thought it was something that only happened in dreams and never in reality!
Reply 6
Original post by royalty1702
Someone likes you back?

no way... I thought it was something that only happened in dreams and never in reality!

Yeah well I felt no one would like me till this weekend so guess it does happen
Yeah well I felt no one would like me till this weekend so guess it does happen

Lol mood. How did you know the girl liked girls and how did you ask her out if you dont mind me asking? I'm glad you had an amazing time but that suvks about your dad
My dad is also anti gay I'm ashamed to call him my dad

well I guess my mom's a lesbo but she never said that to me but I can clearly see what she is and I'm bi and I don't know If I should tell her😕😕 but I guess I'll tell her.someday
Reply 9
Lol mood. How did you know the girl liked girls and how did you ask her out if you dont mind me asking? I'm glad you had an amazing time but that suvks about your dad

I had a good idea beforehand due to work gossip as we worked together, I'm fairly new still, plus she was open about being a lesbian as luckily her parents accepted it. I didn't ask her she asked me well firstly it was get to know each other over a drink but I never felt chemistry like it so it kinda escalated to us going back to hers. I plucked the courage up to say hi at the start and it was just so easy to talk to her
I had a good idea beforehand due to work gossip as we worked together, I'm fairly new still, plus she was open about being a lesbian as luckily her parents accepted it. I didn't ask her she asked me well firstly it was get to know each other over a drink but I never felt chemistry like it so it kinda escalated to us going back to hers. I plucked the courage up to say hi at the start and it was just so easy to talk to her

Ah thank you and omg that's so great for you guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending