The Student Room Group

My amenorrhea/no period journey

Scroll to see replies

Ultrasound in 3 weeks' time!
Original post by EyestriX
Ultrasound in 3 weeks' time!

Yay. That's good
I'm going back to thinking I've lost my period due to undereating. I did lose them during ramadan. Before that, eventhough they were irregular, they came at least once every month.
So maybe the irregularity was because i have PCOS, but i wouldn't suddenly lose my period without any sudden changes. So i think the change was definitely my undereating, and fasting at the same time.
I remember i would force myself to not eat any fried food, and i kept saying it's coz they make me feel sick, but that was a lie to myself. I did want to eat but i also want to lose weight. Sadly.
I would eat no carbs almost, like half a roti and lots of salad just to make me feel full. And just oats with fruit at before closing my fast.
Obvs i lost weight dramatically within 2 weeks and so my body probably thought it needs to stop the reproductive system co, I'm in starving. Didn't get a period that time.
The weight gain around my stomach, I've no idea why, probably PCOS. Or the fact i stopped undereating.
Argh it's so frustrating not knowing what the culprit is.
I'm going back to thinking I've lost my period due to undereating. I did lose them during ramadan. Before that, eventhough they were irregular, they came at least once every month.
So maybe the irregularity was because i have PCOS, but i wouldn't suddenly lose my period without any sudden changes. So i think the change was definitely my undereating, and fasting at the same time.
I remember i would force myself to not eat any fried food, and i kept saying it's coz they make me feel sick, but that was a lie to myself. I did want to eat but i also want to lose weight. Sadly.
I would eat no carbs almost, like half a roti and lots of salad just to make me feel full. And just oats with fruit at before closing my fast.
Obvs i lost weight dramatically within 2 weeks and so my body probably thought it needs to stop the reproductive system co, I'm in starving. Didn't get a period that time.
The weight gain around my stomach, I've no idea why, probably PCOS. Or the fact i stopped undereating.

Sounds like a possibility?
Yes. I just keep changing my mind half way through testing something so that doesn't help.

I shall eat more first and then look into PCOS if that's what i have too.
Yes. I just keep changing my mind half way through testing something so that doesn't help.

I shall eat more first and then look into PCOS if that's what i have too.

I know a few people with PCOS and they have children. One of them didn't get a period for about over 8 months I think sometimes. I don't know the other one well enough to be privy to that type of info. Most people don't mention PCOS to others unlesd they are close, so could be many others.
So she managed to get pregnant whilst only getting a period once in 8 months? She must have timed it well. Or do you mean she got her periods back after 8 months?

Yeah PCOS is common, but it's symptoms can be so varied. I know someone with PCOS too and she gets her period regularly so she won't have difficulty conceiving. Her main problem is being overweight despite eating normally.
Basically the opposite of me :sigh:
I've looked at so many videos online, and no one case is exactly the same as mine
So she managed to get pregnant whilst only getting a period once in 8 months? She must have timed it well. Or do you mean she got her periods back after 8 months?

Yeah PCOS is common, but it's symptoms can be so varied. I know someone with PCOS too and she gets her period regularly so she won't have difficulty conceiving. Her main problem is being overweight despite eating normally.
Basically the opposite of me :sigh:
I've looked at so many videos online, and no one case is exactly the same as mine

She never knows when her period will come. So she went for aprox 8 months without a period once.
Oh i see, thanks x
(edited 3 years ago)
I know someone with PCOS too and she gets her period regularly so she won't have difficulty conceiving.

Not necessarily true - she could be having anovulatory periods!
Original post by Anonymous
Not necessarily true - she could be having anovulatory periods!

Whats that?
when you have a period but don't release an egg
when you have a period but don't release an egg

Is this possible even with regular periods? How would you know that is happening?
Yes. You wouldn't unless you were using ovulation predictor kits that measure the level of hormones in your pee to check if you are ovulating.
Yes. You wouldn't unless you were using ovulation predictor kits that measure the level of hormones in your pee to check if you are ovulating.

Thanks.
Is it possible to ovulate without a period? I mean we hear of all sorts of stuff, anything seems possible.
(edited 3 years ago)
Not possible. Though that's not to say that you might not suddenly start to ovulate and start getting your periods again!
Not possible. Though that's not to say that you might not suddenly start to ovulate and start getting your periods again!

Ah in that case let me edit that.
@EyestriX have you tried any of those Indian remedies?
We have stuff to make our periods go less heavy, there must be stuff to make it come earlier etc?

:cry2:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest