The Student Room Group

My amenorrhea/no period journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yes. You wouldn't unless you were using ovulation predictor kits that measure the level of hormones in your pee to check if you are ovulating.

To my knowledge, anovulatory periods are very irregular. It's rare to have that and have regular periods.

Ovulation predicitor kits only test rise in LH (i believe), a rise in LH means you will ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. It doesnt mean you will 100% ovulate. To check if you ovulated, you have to track your basal body temperature (BBT) too (and that to 2 decimal places) , which usually rises slightly after you've ovulated.
Haven't tried. Any suggestions?
Original post by EyestriX
Haven't tried. Any suggestions?

All I currently know about is khajoor/dates. But I will see if anyone knows anything and get back to you.
Original post by EyestriX
To my knowledge, anovulatory periods are very irregular. It's rare to have that and have regular periods.

Ovulation predicitor kits only test rise in LH (i believe), a rise in LH means you will ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. It doesnt mean you will 100% ovulate. To check if you ovulated, you have to track your basal body temperature (BBT) too (and that to 2 decimal places) , which usually rises slightly after you've ovulated.

An LH test is much more accurate than just tracking your body temperature (SO many things can affect your body temperature, especially when you are talking 2 decimal places...).
An LH test is much more accurate than just tracking your body temperature (SO many things can affect your body temperature, especially when you are talking 2 decimal places...).

Yes that's why i suggested doing both
Thanks
Wow!! I'm so happy I've found this thread literally just as I'm going through the same thing as many of you. I'm not happy that any of you have to go through this but it's always nice to know you're not the only one out there. My periods are really irregular 29-58 days, and every number in between. They've never actually been regular since I had my first period at 12. At first I thought they would regulate in their own time and then I guess I just didn't track them or car much tbh. I haven't been to the GP yet. I've read up on PCOS and I have most of the symptoms. I'm so so scared of infertility the most.
I'm so so scared of infertility the most.

Try not to worry - it might no even be a problem for you. PCOS doesn't necessary equal infertility. And even if you do have problems getting pregnant, there are treatments out there that can help. So it's not as bad as it appears!
Try not to worry - it might no even be a problem for you. PCOS doesn't necessary equal infertility. And even if you do have problems getting pregnant, there are treatments out there that can help. So it's not as bad as it appears!

Thanks for the kind words. When my periods do finally make an appearance, does that mean I did ovulate?
Thanks for the kind words. When my periods do finally make an appearance, does that mean I did ovulate?

not necessarily
Hey! I have congenital adrenal hyperplasia and was diagnosed at birth so if you have any queries in regard to the condition etc please feel free to ask! I didn’t have a period for 5 years as a result of it! X

Quick Reply

Latest