The Student Room Group

I am struggling to get an apprenticeship

So I am 19 and just finished college, because I retook a year. I ended up with D*DM in Level 3 BTECs, so have been applying for Level 4 IT Apprenticeships, however, I feel like my applications have just been ignored.

THe main problem is that I have no one to check my applications so I could be submitting complete trash, but additionally, I feel like I am not appealing to employers.

I am considering doing a Level 3 apprenticeship instead, because it would be easier to get, but surely this would be counter intuitive, can anyone help me?
You completed your BTEC in IT? If yes, I doubt they'll let you do a level 3 apprenticeship in IT - but worth a try.

It's more of a numbers game. You need to apply everywhere (I mean everywhere).
Original post by askayoi
So I am 19 and just finished college, because I retook a year. I ended up with D*DM in Level 3 BTECs, so have been applying for Level 4 IT Apprenticeships, however, I feel like my applications have just been ignored.

THe main problem is that I have no one to check my applications so I could be submitting complete trash, but additionally, I feel like I am not appealing to employers.

I am considering doing a Level 3 apprenticeship instead, because it would be easier to get, but surely this would be counter intuitive, can anyone help me?

You could apply to Level 3 apprenticeships but it's probably worth checking what qualifications you'd be studying for as part of the course - just to see if it would develop your current understanding.

How many have you applied to so far? Could you get a friend or family member/previous tutor to read through your application - even if it's only to check for grammatical errors?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending