The Student Room Group

Would any Muslims like to talk?

I am a non-Muslim but I would very much like to talk to Muslims because I feel quite alone and Islam seems a very community based faith.
Hi there, I am a Muslim and you are correct that Islam priorities collectivism in many regards. What in particular made you think that Islam has community aspects.
Asalamalakim

Spoiler

Original post by TheKidLaroi
Hi there, I am a Muslim and you are correct that Islam priorities collectivism in many regards. What in particular made you think that Islam has community aspects.

I noticed when at university that Muslims tended to study together and support each other. I think that is much more healthy than the “I’m alright jack” structure I found myself in.

I also noticed that the Muslim community more generally support each other emotionally and offer guidance.

That is what I like.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by FinalFirestorm
I noticed when at university that Muslims tended to study together and support each other. I think that is much more healthy than the “I’m alright jack” structure I found myself in.

I also noticed that the Muslim community more generally support each other emotionally and offer guidance.

That is what I like.

That's probably because of the ideas of brotherhood being encouraged throughout Islam, with it being a core message of the many prophets we believe in. They used to compel believers to speak emotionally about their problems, so that we can move forward, as opposed to it becoming a cause of sadness. In today's society, it is mainstream for people to handle stress-related issues on their own, along with the many issues arising from teenagehood, such as forms of identity crisis, social isolation, feeling useless lol the list is endless. I guess Its interesting finding out that you recognise Islamic and religious principles to be a remedy for such things. I am 18 btw. and will be willing to answer any questions about Islam, or just take about being lonely lol. Take care.

That is what I like.

Maybe,but in their real countries dont act so bonded and helpful ,,,also depends on the ^person"s manner and the way of thinking

That is what I like.

Trust me, once me and my (girl and boy) friends (all Muslims) were just chilling and talking and noticed a non-Muslim guy sitting alone. We actually invited him over and now he’s just part of us lmao.

I feel like personally I don’t discriminate on who I hang out with, but Ive realised that cliques just naturally occur with similar people SO NEXT TIME don’t hesitate to talk or chat lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending