The Student Room Group
Split your time into learning facts, then into writing answers to essay questions using past papers.
Reply 2
When I did History A-Level, I bought the Lett's AS/2 revision guides. They had the exact facts I needed to know for my exam and I just spend some time reading and jotting down important dates/facts etc. Also, I went to my exam board's website and downloaded past papers and module specifications that I read carefully.
I just went through all my notes and shortened and shortened them.
For GCSE, I used the CGP revision guides together with my own notes and condensed them into timelines, bullet points, spider diagrams etc, and did some past papers. I think I'll do pretty much the same for A-level, only using a different revision guide (probably Letts) and more past papers under timed conditions.
Reply 5
For AS and A2 I first get my textbook and type out lengthy notes on EVERYTHING, divided into sub-headings just as in the books. I then print this out and write out the more essential dates in a timeline, with some figures also integrated (economic markers, etc). I write out paper-based notes (about half the quantity of the typed notes). I then take these and look at the MOST relevant parts and write out all I can about them from memory, adding in to this with figures, as if I were presenting an argument.

I also sometimes read a book based on the period, for some historical perspective and argument.
There is no revision guide for my course (Fr 1589-1715, Cromwell, Restoration) so i guess i'll just use my notes, its wot i did last yr.
Reply 7
Split it into sections....a section a night goes in more easily than trying to cram loads into your head at once. When you have finished a section try to put main points onto a spider diagram or a one sided sheet of notes. You could put this on your wall or just keep it in a folder to quickly refresh your memory when you need to. Are you revising A2 already!??!?!

Latest

Trending

Trending