The Student Room Group

student finance rejected

Hi

I starting doing the adult nursing degree and apply for a student loan. I had a previous loan in 1997. Then did pgce in 2004. They sold my old load to a company called erudio, which did not bother contacting me for deferral from 2015, now my new application has been rejected and i have drop out from my course. I rang Erudio and they told me the debt been written off, due to contact and will continue to block me from receiving any new funding till fully paid. I never earned over the threshold in all the years of these loans I tried explaining but they just don't care. Is there anything I can do before I withdraw from the course.
Original post by ichigo2416
Hi

I starting doing the adult nursing degree and apply for a student loan. I had a previous loan in 1997. Then did pgce in 2004. They sold my old load to a company called erudio, which did not bother contacting me for deferral from 2015, now my new application has been rejected and i have drop out from my course. I rang Erudio and they told me the debt been written off, due to contact and will continue to block me from receiving any new funding till fully paid. I never earned over the threshold in all the years of these loans I tried explaining but they just don't care. Is there anything I can do before I withdraw from the course.

Hi, you should be funded for an adult nursing course as long as you are not behind on repayments, you should ask erudio to contact us to state you have no outstanding debt.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, you should be funded for an adult nursing course as long as you are not behind on repayments, you should ask erudio to contact us to state you have no outstanding debt.
Thanks, Isaac

They will not the debt is statute-barred and they say the debt won't be written off most be paid in full regardless of the fact I never earn over the threshold as deferral was not sent. The irony is it was sold statute-barred by SLC. Even though I have another loan with SLC which is perfectly fine and upto date. Even the consumer action group has said that SLC can not use an old loan which they sold if the statue barred to refuse my application as it no longer belongs to them. Statue bared is term used for debt that can no longer be claimed back after the 6 year period. I am puzzle as one my loans which 2 years after this one is perfectly fine while the one they sold to a private company is statute-barred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending