The Student Room Group

Don’t understand Cardiff entry requirements

I want to diagnostic radiography but the entry requirements say grade 6 for English. But if I got on alternative requirements they say accept grade 4 applicants as well studying through the medium of English such as A-levels. (I achieved a grade 5 in English Lang btw)

I do biology maths and business.
I also did combined and achieved 99 but it says: Must include Maths, and two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), or equivalent qualifications (subject and grade).
Am I still able to apply?
Original post by baconhatesbeef
I want to diagnostic radiography but the entry requirements say grade 6 for English. But if I got on alternative requirements they say accept grade 4 applicants as well studying through the medium of English such as A-levels. (I achieved a grade 5 in English Lang btw)

I also did combined and achieved 99 but it says: Must include Maths, and two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), or equivalent qualifications (subject and grade).

I think what it is saying is they will allow a grade 4 as long as your a levels are taught in English. Combined should count as it is 3 sciences and 2 GCSEs but you would still be best emailing the university to clarify
Having looked on Cardiff's website, the GCSE requirement for UK applicants is : "English language or Welsh language at GCSE grade B/6 or an equivalent (such as A-levels)". The bit after that refers to International applicants (Tier 4 Visas) where they need a minimum grade C in GCSE as long as they have studied in English to qualify for their visa.

So, you need grade 6 English. If you dont have that, you need to talk to your school about retaking in this summer alongside A levels etc. If you get an offer they will just add that to your offer conditions.
Original post by baconhatesbeef

If you're confused, then ask the uni for clarification. They will very quickly tell you if your English grade is suitable or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending