Don’t understand Cardiff entry requirements

Watch
baconhatesbeef
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to diagnostic radiography but the entry requirements say grade 6 for English. But if I got on alternative requirements they say accept grade 4 applicants as well studying through the medium of English such as A-levels. (I achieved a grade 5 in English Lang btw)

I do biology maths and business.
I also did combined and achieved 99 but it says: Must include Maths, and two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), or equivalent qualifications (subject and grade).
Am I still able to apply?
Haywood1743
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by baconhatesbeef)
I want to diagnostic radiography but the entry requirements say grade 6 for English. But if I got on alternative requirements they say accept grade 4 applicants as well studying through the medium of English such as A-levels. (I achieved a grade 5 in English Lang btw)

I also did combined and achieved 99 but it says: Must include Maths, and two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), or equivalent qualifications (subject and grade).
I think what it is saying is they will allow a grade 4 as long as your a levels are taught in English. Combined should count as it is 3 sciences and 2 GCSEs but you would still be best emailing the university to clarify
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Having looked on Cardiff's website, the GCSE requirement for UK applicants is : "English language or Welsh language at GCSE grade B/6 or an equivalent (such as A-levels)". The bit after that refers to International applicants (Tier 4 Visas) where they need a minimum grade C in GCSE as long as they have studied in English to qualify for their visa.

So, you need grade 6 English. If you dont have that, you need to talk to your school about retaking in this summer alongside A levels etc. If you get an offer they will just add that to your offer conditions.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by baconhatesbeef)

If you're confused, then ask the uni for clarification. They will very quickly tell you if your English grade is suitable or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (729)
41.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (349)
19.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.51%

Watched Threads