The Student Room Group

ADVICE- someone is failing to isolate

Can anybody avoid self-isolation when told to isolate following a positive covid-19 test in their bubble at sixth form? I am aware of someone who is not isolating until next week following a negative covid test: saying that they don't need to according to NHS 101 (they didn't tell them they were a direct contact of someone), so my employer is taking this advice as final over PHE and DofE telling this person to isolate.However, I have been told that a test doesn't allow you to get out of quarantine if you have been a Covid-19 contact. Feel like my employer isnt taking the issue seriously enough and that I look stupid for saying this person is not meant to be at work, putting others at risk.
even if the test is negative, isolation should be carried out because symptoms could still show later on, maybe in a week or so. covid really needs to be taken more seriously - it has killed so many in the UK!
who cares? This lockdown is a sham meant to destroy small business owners lives for good!
Original post by holyguac
even if the test is negative, isolation should be carried out because symptoms could still show later on, maybe in a week or so. covid really needs to be taken more seriously - it has killed so many in the UK!

mostly elderly people with zero quality of life!
Original post by JustAaron10

hahah igy but ik younger ppl that have died
who cares? This lockdown is a sham meant to destroy small business owners lives for good!

i dont disagree - the fact people still have to go to such and uni? what good is it going to do then

You do realise that many cases this time are people in uni etc

who are you to judge their quality of life?
Reply 8

this isn't about lockdown, it's about somebody legally having to self-isolate, not affecting small businesses in this instance when there is one individual concerned
Original post by black tea
who are you to judge their quality of life?

like you really care for the elderly, have you offered to help them with this weeks food shop? I doubt it!
like you really care for the elderly, have you offered to help them with this weeks food shop? I doubt it!

I help elderly people on a daily basis. And you didn't answer my question :wink:
Original post by black tea
I help elderly people on a daily basis. And you didn't answer my question :wink:

Well when i am old i would want a nice peaceful death, because i would be past it by then if u understand!
Well when i am old i would want a nice peaceful death, because i would be past it by then if u understand!

many old people have much better and more productive lives than young people

Quick Reply

Latest