The Student Room Group

Got my first uni assignment grade back ... im disappointed

I got 68 out of 100 which I find terrible for my first ever assignment! I was expecting to at least get in the 80s as for GCSE and A Level thats the sort of grades I got. (Im studying History btw at uni)

What can I do to improve as now I just feel disappointed in myself and unmotivated :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I got 68 out of 100 which I find terrible for my first ever assignment! I was expecting to at least get in the 80s as for GCSE and A Level thats the sort of grades I got. (Im studying History btw at uni)

What can I do to improve as now I just feel disappointed in myself and unmotivated :frown:

I know this isn’t what you want to hear but I’m going to say it anyway because it will be the most common response. It’s only your first assignment! The same way you had a jump from GCSE to A-Level, you will have a jump from A-Level to university. Now, you need to learn from your mistakes, think about where you went wrong and perhaps, re-do your assignment for yourself.

68/100 is still very good.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
I know this isn’t what you want to hear but I’m going to say it anyway because it will be the most common response. It’s only your first assignment! The same way you had a jump from GCSE to A-Level, you will have a jump from A-Level to university. Now, you need to learn from your mistakes, think about where you went wrong and perhaps, re-draft your essay. Make it into a model answer, perhaps.

68/100 is still very good.

ok, thx u. i was just a little upset as 68 (not in an arrogant way) is a grade im just not used to getting.
Reply 3
really? i didn't know tht. im not aware of the uni grading system, i just saw the 68 out of 100 and started crying and was so disappointed :frown:
Reply 4
oh, ok, thx u. tht grading system is much different than what i ws used to in sixth form. anything below 60% meant you would be spoken to by the head of sixth about in adequate progress.

my mark wasn't too bad then. thx u xx
expecting 80s so quickly is very unrealistic. for context, work that is in the 80s is good enough to be published. 68 is 2 marks off a first. its a fantastic grade.
Reply 6
Original post by MadameRazz
expecting 80s so quickly is very unrealistic. for context, work that is in the 80s is good enough to be published. 68 is 2 marks off a first. its a fantastic grade.

oh, ok, i had no idea work in the 80s was good enough to be published. thx u

Hey,

68% is a really good mark, especially for your first assignment at uni. I found that the further I got through uni the better my work became, this is because I was learning new things and getting more used to the style of work. I would also recommend asking your tutor for feedback, this will let you know what the strengths of your work are and if you could make any improvements for the next assignment. Good luck!

Zaira :smile:

Hey!

This is a really good grade for your first uni assignment!
Some tips for future assignments would be to use the mark scheme they give you as a checklist - make sure you have done everything needed to get the mark that you want

Also if your uni has a study support centre - make use of them!
They can offer really good general advice and check that your work is along the right lines - plus give you tips for improvement

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending