The Student Room Group

Dissertation Topic

I'm a fourth-year adult nursing student currently trying to formulate a practice-based question for my dissertation and I've found myself struggling a bit. My dissertation is a qualitative study.

My main subject of interest is Type 2 Diabetic Mellitus, and looking at the Nursing Interventions for self-management with newly diagnosed individuals. Something along those lines
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Brnce
I'm a fouHrth-year adult nursing student currently trying to formulate a practice-based question for my dissertation and I've found myself struggling a bit. My dissertation is a qualitative study.

My main subject of interest is Type 2 Diabetic Mellitus, and looking at the Nursing Interventions for self-management with newly diagnosed individuals. Something along those lines

Hi, a third-year nursing( child) student here. What type of qualitative study are doing, have you considered the time frame and also how covid is going to impact your study, have you considered a literature review which talks about patient experiences(qualitative). I may have a question for you, What are the best methods of supporting self-management in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patient ?.I hope it helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Brnce
I'm a fourth-year adult nursing student currently trying to formulate a practice-based question for my dissertation and I've found myself struggling a bit. My dissertation is a qualitative study.

Have you looked into what sort of support GP services offer for their diabetic patients? Annual diabetic reviews are frequently undertaken by practice nurses and information & support often comes via them.
Also, have you looked at organisations like Diabetes UK?
Nursing (and all other healthcare roles) interventions for self care involves a lot of education and signposting. I'd be wondering what sort of resources are out there to use for education for newly diagnosed type 2 diabetics.
Reply 3
Original post by Mhiz_nessa
Hi, a third-year nursing( child) student here. What type of qualitative study are doing, have you considered the time frame and also how covid is going to impact your study, have you considered a literature review which talks about patient experiences(qualitative). I may have a question for you, What are the best methods of supporting self-management in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patient ?.I hope it helps.

Thanks, it does help and yes I'm looking more at qualitative research - from patients experience and perspective
Reply 4
Original post by Emily_B
Have you looked into what sort of support GP services offer for their diabetic patients? Annual diabetic reviews are frequently undertaken by practice nurses and information & support often comes via them.
Also, have you looked at organisations like Diabetes UK?
Nursing (and all other healthcare roles) interventions for self care involves a lot of education and signposting. I'd be wondering what sort of resources are out there to use for education for newly diagnosed type 2 diabetics.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do more research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending