The Student Room Group

if my flatmate tests postive for covid, me and all of our flatmates self isolate?

My flatmate texted me at 2 in the morning saying he's got a temperature. Flashforward, he got himself tested, he will get his results within 24 to 48 hours. Originally there was 8 of us but 2 went home. How do we get our supplies if everyone in the flat isolates
Reply 1
Hi there. You would have to rely on online deliveries or friends within other accommodation who could drop supplies off outside your door. I know it is challenging when you don't have family around, but hopefully your friends will muck in. Take care and stay safe.
Original post by JohnB1
Hi there. You would have to rely on online deliveries or friends within other accommodation who could drop supplies off outside your door. I know it is challenging when you don't have family around, but hopefully your friends will muck in. Take care and stay safe.

Knowing our building is like, only those with keycards can enter the building, I do have a friend who lives in our block but a different flat, his keycard won't work on my flat .
Original post by The New Rebel
My flatmate texted me at 2 in the morning saying he's got a temperature. Flashforward, he got himself tested, he will get his results within 24 to 48 hours. Originally there was 8 of us but 2 went home. How do we get our supplies if everyone in the flat isolates

Hey @The New Rebel!

Your uni should have some kind of support system in place for students that need to self isolate - I would contact your student services and find out how they can help. Do this first as they will give you some advice on what can be done specifically at your uni.

You could also try to get a food shop delivered and perhaps ask the reception team if they will bring it to you.

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Knowing our building is like, only those with keycards can enter the building, I do have a friend who lives in our block but a different flat, his keycard won't work on my flat .

He can leave a delivery outside of the front door of your flat. Then you can just open the door and grab the bags.

Or ask the reception for your building if there is one (via phone/email) or your uni what support they can provide.
Late response but my flatmates and I tested negative and we're all at home :biggrin:

Hiya!

I hope you're alright :frown: I had to self-isolate last month and emailed my university using the email address provided on their COVID page on the students university website so I would recommend the same thing. They can provide you with a pack with lots of great food to help you whilst you're self isolating!

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending