The Student Room Group

Buying used socks - COVID-safe?

On occasion I like to buy well-worn socks (or underwear) on the internet. I'm not into the super-dirty ones but I do prefer women's socks that have a strong aroma to them (but not overwhelmingly or disgustingly so - think cheesy but not like rotten eggs). They're much harder to get on eBay these days because they've been removing anyone who tries to sell worn undergarments/socks with any kind of sexual content included in the item descriptions (which includes any indication at all that they might be dispatched unwashed). However, there are other websites where you can buy them and make special requests for how you'd like them worn (duration, worn for exercise or just worn whilst at work, if you'd like in a ziplocked bag, that kind of thing).

I've bought several pairs of these over the past few years and never had any issues. My question is, if I bought used socks/undergarments (or any kind of clothing) from the internet that had potentially been exposed to COVID-19, how long would I have to wait before it was safe for me to use them?
usually its around 48 hours
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
usually its around 48 hours

Thanks, seems like a good amount of time to wait. Hopefully the odour doesn't subside too much in that time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending