The Student Room Group

How tricky is business economics?

How tricky is the economics side of business economics at degree level, I am capable with business and study both business and economics at A-level. But will the economics side be much more complicated than A level; think i will get a B/C in economics?
I struggle to see how the economics in business economics degrees are more complicated than A Level.

I'd consider a lot of it to be straightforward. The typical books I would recommend looking into to get an idea for economics at uni level are:
Basic Econometrics by Gujurati
Principles of Macroeconomics by Mankiw

A lot of it will be based on discussing theories and see how they clash. You will need to understand the models. memorise some derivations, be able to calculate basic maths, and differentiate some equations, but not that much more than that unless you want to opt for the harder stuff. I found economics at degree level fun, and a lot less stressful than A Levels.
Reply 2
I do business economics at a Russel group and did Economics at a level, I’d say the economics required is no harder than AS level but it depends on the modules you choose! If you stick to more business modules then you’ll practically avoid Econ modules all together unless they’re compulsory!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending