The Student Room Group

Help!

Okay so I've recently received a message from a girl claiming my boyfriend gave her genital herpes when they were seeing each other like a year ago and that he knew he had it and has had it for year's and said he takes prescribed tablets.

I have asked him and he categorically denies this and we've been together 6months and I've had no symptoms& seen none on him ( I know or can be symptomless and lots of people have it without knowing )

My question is would I be able to go to the GUM (sexual health Clinic) or Drs and ask if he has it? Or if I get symptoms if I say who my boyfriend is would they tell me if he has it? Or is that a breech of confidentiality?

I just don't know what to do, this girl has lied so much in the past so I do want to take my boyfriends word for it but was just curious if I can find out via DRS (I'm in the UK don't know if that makes a difference
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I've recently received a message from a girl claiming my boyfriend gave her genital herpes when they were seeing each other like a year ago and that he knew he had it and has had it for year's and said he takes prescribed tablets.

I have asked him and he categorically denies this and we've been together 6months and I've had no symptoms& seen none on him ( I know or can be symptomless and lots of people have it without knowing )

My question is would I be able to go to the GUM (sexual health Clinic) or Drs and ask if he has it? Or if I get symptoms if I say who my boyfriend is would they tell me if he has it? Or is that a breech of confidentiality?

I just don't know what to do, this girl has lied so much in the past so I do want to take my boyfriends word for it but was just curious if I can find out via DRS (I'm in the UK don't know if that makes a difference

Hi, No you wouldn't be able to find out if he had it due to GDPR, if he has said that he hasn't had it, you both don't have symptoms and this girl has made up stuff in the past, why don't you trust him? Is there a part of you that could think this is true?

The only way to go about it would be to ask him to get tested again, just to be on the safe side and for you to get tested as well.
Reply 2
This is sensitive personal information and of course absolutely confidential, there’s no way they would tell you. In addition herpes is commonplace and screening for it in people without symptoms is not typically carried out. I guess you need to decide who you trust the most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending