The Student Room Group

CMA Caseworker Graduate Scheme 2020-21

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SLT15
Mine still says application received. I wonder if they are doing them in batches or if some will never change from application received :frown:

It’s probably batches because of how many applications they received, so maybe they’re just starting to go through them?
Reply 61
Mine has just changed to being reviewed
mine has said 'being reviewed' for a couple of days now with no update. dont worry about yours saying 'recieved' i think theyre just going through all of them one by one

Original post by Lis.x
has anyone heard either way? Mine still says 'received'
Original post by chemgrad1414
mine has said 'being reviewed' for a couple of days now with no update. dont worry about yours saying 'recieved' i think theyre just going through all of them one by one

It’s so frustrating not knowing a timeline 😫
Reply 64
Original post by Wheeler590
It’s so frustrating not knowing a timeline 😫

Exactlyyyy. How can we plan if we don’t know if the AC that would happen in two weeks will actually happen in two weeks😭
Original post by Lis.x
i mean we are supposed to receive the task stuff on the 15th which doesnt look likely if they dont even know whos got through. Perhaps an email soon to ask if it will be pushed back... need notice to book time off

i thought today might be the day as fridays often seem like when they release results. although the hope has nearly gone now!
Reply 66
i thought today might be the day as fridays often seem like when they release results. although the hope has nearly gone now!

I think we all just want to know if the schedule has been pushed back as we don’t know when we need to book time off. Surely they’d know we’d need notice to take time off for the AC. I really hope we hear back today😫
Is anyone still on application received :frown:
Original post by Lis.x
Yup

You have previously applied for the CS what was the process? How long do they take to get back to people :frown:
Original post by Lis.x
Similar question to how longs a piece of string haha! Guess it depends on department and how organised they are, how many applications and how many people are reviewing them etc, etc....

Should have technically heard back at the deadline. Better off emailing the hr address and they will hopefully you an update :smile: they emailed everyone with an update after I emailed the last time (don’t know if that was a coincidence) but can’t hurt to try!

Yeah it is the same thing for me on another cs grad scheme application, there was a deadline but we just havent heard back and assuming it has also been delayed. so it seems like a similar trend across all departments atm .. unfortunetely
Yeah it is the same thing for me on another cs grad scheme application, there was a deadline but we just havent heard back and assuming it has also been delayed. so it seems like a similar trend across all departments atm .. unfortunetely

I wish they would say if the AC and the task is delayed as I have annual leave later this week and next week just incase which I don't want to waste and need to cancel ASAP
Original post by Lis.x
Definitely email and let them know you have annual leave if you don’t hear back first thing in the morning! I haven’t booked anything yet :frown:

Try book some annual leave just incase and cancel it if the AC is pushed back- I know with some companies like mine its hard to cancel and book without sufficient notice :frown:
Original post by Lis.x
True I should and I understand what your saying! However I’ve been told by my employer to not book too much time off this month - as I’m in a mega busy work period so booking time off is extremely difficult. If they let us know by tomorrow (which is apparently when they send the presentation) then I should be able to book some days off as it’s a weeks notice.

If I start messing about booking and cancelling my employer will wonder what’s going on and it will annoy them tbh. Plus we don’t have a date yet so I don’t know when I’m booking off! I can’t book the entire week off.

If we don’t hear back by tomorrow I’m sure the AC will have to be pushed back anyway so we’ll see..

Hearing back tomorrow will solve all of our problems lol. Fingers crossed we hear back
What did you guys study at uni out of interest ?
Reply 74
Original post by Hgirvine

I did Law what about you?
Original post by SLT15

Original post by SLT15

French and IR
Original post by SLT15

Yeah I did Law aswell.
Reply 77
French and IR

Oohh that sounds really interesting makes sense why you want to go into the CS
Yeah I did Law aswell.

What made you not want to pursue Law?
Just quickly realised that doing the diploma & becoming a solicitor in a law firm etc wasn’t something I wanted, yourself ?
Reply 79
Just quickly realised that doing the diploma & becoming a solicitor in a law firm etc wasn’t something I wanted, yourself ?

Basically the same🤣 I love law but not as a solicitor or a barrister. I prefer a role within a regulator more than private practice work

Quick Reply

Latest