The Student Room Group

Is my dating guru buddy correct?

My dating guru mate says that once a woman decides she's not interested in a man, then that certain man will never have a chance with her ever, no matter how much he improves, changes or even wins lottery. He says once you are out, you are out.

Is this correct?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Not interested means not interested and no means no.
Original post by Fyyf80
My dating guru mate says that once a woman decides she's not interested in a man, then that certain man will never have a chance with her ever, no matter how much he improves, changes or even wins lottery. He says once you are out, you are out.

Is this correct?

Your ‘dating guru mate’? 😂😂😂

Sorry. Time to be serious. You shouldn’t change yourself for someone else.
First post? Stupid question?

Spoiler

Reply 4
A 'dating guru' who's using common sense to drive his point across? Well that's a first..
The questions on TSR today...
Reply 6
Yes. He even owns a YouTube channel now and charges £50 for a 30min Skype consultation. Goes around with a smart black dinner jacket with a Hollister shirt underneath and trendy sneakers. And light stubble.
He talks like he knows it all when it comes to women. And talks quite degrading about them at times.
I'm sure when someone knows your feelings about them then they should have no problem telling you how they feel. If you've confessed to them and they told you themselves that they don't have feelings for you then I'm sure they most likely never will.
Depends entirely on the situation.

I've had a number of friends who were rejected in the past and are now married with kids to the people who rejected them. Did they have to bide their time? Yes. Does it weird me out? Most certainly.

I can't personally understand how someone can be infatuated with another to the extent that they will pretty much wait or strive to improve themselves a whole bunch, just to be with someone who formerly rejected them. But hey, it's their life.
****ing hell lmaoooo. TSR content just degrades further and further oh man :rofl:. I wonder what cesspool it'll become in couple years time :0
@ruru06

I am sorry but DATING GURU..........
Sometimes. I have known people and as I have gotten to know them I have liked them more then when I may have rejected them ( after knowing them for a few days / weeks ).
Original post by Fyyf80
Yes. He even owns a YouTube channel now and charges £50 for a 30min Skype consultation. Goes around with a smart black dinner jacket with a Hollister shirt underneath and trendy sneakers. And light stubble.
He talks like he knows it all when it comes to women. And talks quite degrading about them at times.

ROLFcopters 😂🤣 ROFL 😂😂 lolol 😂👌🏻
yes and no

sunk cost fallacy

a lot of men will keep pursuing a woman clearly not interested because they have already invested so much time doing so

this is stupid as women are unlikely to change their minds

however they can do, and do

the difference is knowing when a pursuit is pointless and when to back off
Original post by deadroseex
@ruru06

I am sorry but DATING GURU..........

boujeee
Reply 15
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
Not interested means not interested and no means no.

I disagree, I think sometimes on the rare occasion a woman can change her or mind or have regrets.

I remember in 2012 I joined a new workplace and there was this girl there. She was the only female there, i think the lack of other females there made her appeal more to me. We seemed to get on quite well. One time she asked my age. I told her. She immediately did a double take at me. She said I didn't look my age, she said I looked 19. She was 18...

anyways i think like a day later when i asked for her facebook she twigged that i found her attractive. her body language suggested she was flattered and at least somewhat attracted back.
however the days that followed, her vibe changed. I was getting the sense she was no longer interested. she left job not long after that and when i contacted her she completely blanked the msg. over the next few yrs i started working out, and looked somewhat better. i'd see her in town occasionally ..although we never spoke or acknowledged one another. One time when I saw her she was definitely checking me out. I think she was having regrets or at least reconsidering.

I mean you don't blank someone who you know is interested, and then start checking them out years later unless you're not at least somewhat open to the idea.....
obviously no - it's obviously possible for someone to change their mind.

his message is right in the sense that you shouldn't beat a dead horse or pursue someone that's obviously not interested
Original post by Fyyf80

Is this correct?

So glad I was born in the 90's when people were normal - wtf is a dating guru friend hahahah
Original post by Fyyf80

Is this correct?

He is one of those self appointed gurus that gives poor to mediocre advice. There's a lot of them on Youtube.

As a general guideline, words like "never" shouldn't be applied to dating. Because people are complex and there's always exceptions.

I had a girlfriend who decided she wasn't interested in me after our first 2 dates. We went on non-date dates for our 3rd and 4th dates. We made love at the end of our 4th date.
My attitude on the 3rd and 4th non-date dates was that I had no chance with her, but she was a nice enough person and I just wanted her to enjoy the day at least as much as I would.

There's a phrase that makes some sense in the context of a woman deciding she's not interested: "Change her mood, not her mind."

Women are quite entitled to change their minds. Either from interested to not interested. Or not interested to interested.

The advice from your guru is too negative. That's not good guru'ism.

Whilst you shouldn't count on a woman changing her mind, you should keep an open mind that she might change her mind.

And she is more likely to change her mind, if when she tells you that she's not interested, you are non-reactive, non-butt hurt about it. If instead you are totally cool and fine about it then that's a better route to leaving the door open to her changing her mind.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
He is one of those self appointed gurus that gives poor to mediocre advice. There's a lot of them on Youtube.

As a general guideline, words like "never" shouldn't be applied to dating. Because people are complex and there's always exceptions.

I had a girlfriend who decided she wasn't interested in me after our first 2 dates. We went on non-date dates for our 3rd and 4th dates. We made love at the end of our 4th date.
My attitude on the 3rd and 4th non-date dates was that I had no chance with her, but she was a nice enough person and I just wanted her to enjoy the day at least as much as I would.

There's a phrase that makes some sense in the context of a woman deciding she's not interested: "Change her mood, not her mind."

Women are quite entitled to change their minds. Either from interested to not interested. Or not interested to interested.

The advice from your guru is too negative. That's not good guru'ism.

Whilst you shouldn't count on a woman changing her mind, you should keep an open mind that she might change her mind.

And she is more likely to change her mind, if when she tells you that she's not interested, you are non-reactive, non-butt hurt about it. If instead you are totally cool and fine about it then that's a better route to leaving the door open to her changing her mind.

prsom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending