The Student Room Group

Overthinking

It’s my Christmas holiday,I finished my mocks I feel like I got around grade 5 in everything. I know I can do better and get 7 8 9. However I everytime I start to revise I feel overwhelmed and get negative thoughts such as your gonna fail anyway don’t revise.

Can someone help me and give me tips and hope that’s everything will be ok
Just plough through the thoughts and keep revising, there’s not much to be said really.
I know about the negative thoughts, trust me, I've been trying to revise for my mocks (in February) and I just have absolutely no motivation. That aside, I think that just keep revising, look up effective ways of revising, maybe follow some studying accounts on Instagram (they have really good tips) and just keep going! I know it's hard but it will bring results. Ask any teacher and they will say that grades can improve and will improve with decent revision. Also, the best way to revise is doing past papers. They can be found on the exam board website, or on savemyexams and physicsandmathstutor (websites). Lastly, use your teachers! They want you to get good results (like, their job depends on it) so speak to them and they will be able to support you. Hope this helps :smile:
How many hours of revision during Christmas will get me from 5 to 6 in two weeks at least? 4hrs, 2hr for 1 subject?
Quality>Quantity

I'm (trying) doing 25 minutes per subject per day. I do two-hour blocks with 4x 25 minutes section, each with a 5-minute break in between. I then take a larger 1-3 hour break in between block. I do 2 blocks a day.

When coming to revision I highly recommend doing seneca learning. It has a lot of content for free, and if you sign up from premium, they will guarantee you 7-9 grades, or you get you're money back. (I don't have premium its still just as good without it)
Then do lots of past papers!

Are there any particular types of question or subject you really want to get better/struggle with?
Realise that you can safely pass your GCSEs. And even if you don’t get 7,8,9s in your actual GCSEs you can get better grades at A Level. Just look at Ibzmo. But just keep grinding for those top grades
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending