The Student Room Group

Feel like girlfriend has taken advantage of me fully

Most things she asked me to do I've done and she has done stuff. I have been not scared of her but just pressured how she would react if I dont do what she says. Its things like she comes to my famliy home sometimes and she bosses me about telling me what I can and can't do. I know I can just break up with her but I feel like the damage is already done
Tell her what to do or not to do and see how she reacts
Original post by Anonymous
Most things she asked me to do I've done and she has done stuff. I have been not scared of her but just pressured how she would react if I dont do what she says. Its things like she comes to my famliy home sometimes and she bosses me about telling me what I can and can't do. I know I can just break up with her but I feel like the damage is already done

If she is asking you to do things that violate your comfort/safety/dignity or she is threatening you - get away and cut off ties as soon as possible.

Talk to her and state that you feel uncomfortable with the way that she is behaving and perhaps start by telling her you don't appreciate her interfering with your home life. If you haven't communicated this to her already, it may come as a shock because some people are naturally controlling and they often do it without realising how harmful it is. See what she says, and if she wants to continue to be very controlling, just tell her you don't appreciate it and that you would like to end this relationship.

In all honesty, it seems very toxic and draining but I don't know your whole experience with her so I can only say, from the information you have given, ending things seems more healthy for both of you quite frankly. But you need to tell the GF why you're ending it or someone else could end up in a similar position to you if the GF decides to move on.
Reply 3
Original post by tragictimes
If she is asking you to do things that violate your comfort/safety/dignity or she is threatening you - get away and cut off ties as soon as possible.

Talk to her and state that you feel uncomfortable with the way that she is behaving and perhaps start by telling her you don't appreciate her interfering with your home life. If you haven't communicated this to her already, it may come as a shock because some people are naturally controlling and they often do it without realising how harmful it is. See what she says, and if she wants to continue to be very controlling, just tell her you don't appreciate it and that you would like to end this relationship.

In all honesty, it seems very toxic and draining but I don't know your whole experience with her so I can only say, from the information you have given, ending things seems more healthy for both of you quite frankly. But you need to tell the GF why you're ending it or someone else could end up in a similar position to you if the GF decides to move on.

Trust me I've told her several times and she doesn't listen
Reply 4
Tell her what to do or not to do and see how she reacts

Shell go livid

Speak to her in person and sit her down and tell her how you feel. If she is sorry about it and listens to you and genuinely does make an effort to not make you feel this way again then keep her and see how things go BUT if she get angry or annoyed or upset at u for it and makes your feel like its your fault then please pleas break up. Toxic relationships are not worth it trust me they eat you up and damage u in the long term
Trust me I've told her several times and she doesn't listen

Ah okay, if you have already told her and it's not working out, then I think it's best to just finish it off then. She's living in denial. You have tried to make it work and it isn't so I think it's time to end things.
Shell go livid

Just break up. she isn't worth it
Reply 8
Original post by tragictimes
Ah okay, if you have already told her and it's not working out, then I think it's best to just finish it off then. She's living in denial. You have tried to make it work and it isn't so I think it's time to end things.

Just break up. she isn't worth it

I probably am going to break up but she's caused damage

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending