The Student Room Group

does the covid test hurt?

.^

Scroll to see replies

Uuum I haven’t got it done but my brother has twice. It’s uncomfortable and hurt him a bit but only cos it’s a weird way to test
Reply 2
i got one yesterday haha! no, it doesn't hurt. i honestly thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. it's definitely uncomfortable, but it only takes a minute.
You gotta stick it to the back of your throat then stick the same one up your nose til you feel resistance
Did it yesterday. The answer is no.
Reply 5
Original post by BluMoon06
Uuum I haven’t got it done but my brother has twice. It’s uncomfortable and hurt him a bit but only cos it’s a weird way to test

oh no
Original post by iz.05
i got one yesterday haha! no, it doesn't hurt. i honestly thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. it's definitely uncomfortable, but it only takes a minute.

i see
Original post by BluMoon06
You gotta stick it to the back of your throat then stick the same one up your nose til you feel resistance

gross :<

:emog:
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Did it yesterday. The answer is no.

how fast will you get your result?
Original post by Ciel.
how fast will you get your result?

Couldn't tell ya mate, sorry :dontknow:

Although saying that, my mum did one and got hers back in less than a week or thereabouts.
Reply 7
not everyone is into pain, hun
Reply 8
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Couldn't tell ya mate, sorry :dontknow:

Although saying that, my mum did one and got hers back in less than a week or thereabouts.

that's a long wait. defeats the whole point of getting one...
It only hurt my brother a bit but he’s 7 so everything hurts lol you should be good :smile:
Reply 10
my best friend had her test back in 2 days
It doesn't hurt, but swiping my tonsils with a swab did make me gag a lot. It is unpleasant.
Reply 12
Did the "stick-it-up-your-nose-and-tonsils" test back in the summer, and no. Got the result the next day, but there were a lot fewer cases back then. There may be testing centres that can give you the results in an hour.
Reply 13
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It doesn't hurt, but swiping my tonsils with a swab did make me gag a lot. It is unpleasant.

:<
Original post by Sinnoh
Did the "stick-it-up-your-nose-and-tonsils" test back in the summer, and no. Got the result the next day, but there were a lot fewer cases back then. There may be testing centres that can give you the results in an hour.

i don't really want to get it but i'm being pressured to, lol
can you still order one and do it yourself?
Original post by Ciel.

Why are you being asked to get one?

Even if you go to a testing centre you do it yourself.

If you have symptoms, you need to get tested- it's not that bad, really.
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.

You do it yourself at the test center too, if you order one you'll just be waiting longer for the results. If you can go in person to the testing site then do.
Reply 16
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Why are you being asked to get one?

Even if you go to a testing centre you do it yourself.

If you have symptoms, you need to get tested- it's not that bad, really.

i have some of the symptoms. but i'm pretty sure it's just another chest infection, i've been getting them constantly for nearly a year now.
thanks for explaining, i thought they do it when you go to a testing centre
Original post by Ciel.
.^

i actually cried lol got the test back in 2 days and tested positive 🤪
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
i have some of the symptoms. but i'm pretty sure it's just another chest infection, i've been getting them constantly for nearly a year now.
thanks for explaining, i thought they do it when you go to a testing centre

I went through a drive through, and did it myself- they try to minimise contact between you and the staff.

I'd suggest getting a test- at least then you'll be sure!
No. Really tickles your nose though

Quick Reply

Latest