The Student Room Group

HMRC O Compliance Caseworker 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jenkk
Good luck to us all who are starting tomorrow! It's been a wild journey but the start of our new adventure.

Good luck Everyone! Really excited for tomorrow!
Original post by monica12347
I did numerical (95%), judegemental (93%) and verbal (79%) tests at the beginning of March. I am applying for O position in Bristol. I am currently in retail healthcare. Would somebody offer any advice as to what they are looking for during this interview, will they just ask for 3 strengths and describe a situation where you used the three civil service behavioural qualities? Many thanks x

Yes. In addition to the previous posters comments, make sure you take time to give a full answer to the strengths question using the full time allocated. Give the theory but also try and link it to an example - makes it more personal and a stronger answer.

For the behaviour, follow the STAR format (google STAR civil service). Think of what follow up questions you would ask if someone told you that example and prepare accordingly. Make sure you clearly state the impact of your actions.

Good luck
Has anyone on the reserve list for Glasgow heard anything recently? Last time I checked I had moved up the list about 20 places.
I got excited with an "application update" email for the job where I'm in the reserve list, but it only said I'm still under consideration and please withdraw if you are no longer interested. :s-smilie:
Had anybody been made a conditional/provisional for the next round of intakes?
Original post by Jpogk
Had anybody been made a conditional/provisional for the next round of intakes?

I’m hoping to hear soon too, I’ve not seen anyone mention an offer for the next intake yet. Fingers crossed we hear soon 🤞🏻
I just asked for my position in the waiting list once again (Edinburgh) and there is finally some movement. I was 26/49 and now I'm 23/46. So not much of a difference, but I've been asking about every two weeks and this is the first change I see. However, I guess it could be people withdrawing their application because they got another job.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes that's good at least gone up and list down! I wonder when the will start offering if they intent to recruit next quarter, that's what I'd like to know, I know there must be regional differences in how many they recruit, but disillusioned with Stratford, I applied in August didn't see the march, said 30 posts or something! Reserved out of 2/8..then found out they have a campaign from march tranche of nearly 50 now! Seems mad no movement on either since October time, I enquired again last week and my position is now out of 9! So they have added to my reserve too..makes no sense, I'm guessing candidates who have deferred but seems pointless to be interviewing and wasting everyone's time still now if there is a big prior list and if no intention to fill these posts or recruit here?..doesn't appear movement since October last year :frown:
Original post by Jpogk
Yes that's good at least gone up and list down! I wonder when the will start offering if they intent to recruit next quarter, that's what I'd like to know, I know there must be regional differences in how many they recruit, but disillusioned with Stratford, I applied in August didn't see the march, said 30 posts or something! Reserved out of 2/8..then found out they have a campaign from march tranche of nearly 50 now! Seems mad no movement on either since October time, I enquired again last week and my position is now out of 9! So they have added to my reserve too..makes no sense, I'm guessing candidates who have deferred but seems pointless to be interviewing and wasting everyone's time still now if there is a big prior list and if no intention to fill these posts or recruit here?..doesn't appear movement since October last year :frown:

Let's hope they are waiting until the new tax year for the recruitment budget and then they will start hiring like crazy haha :angel:
Hey everyone! Has anyone been offered a post to begin this next quarter?
I've just been offered another job in a different department, which I'm going to take!
HMRC was one of my first choices of preference to work but shame as I've heard nothing in 5 months, although I'm glad to be starting somewhere new atleast (wondering whether the reserve list for Stratford may exhaust itself now anyway on time-my August one?!)
Original post by Jpogk
I've just been offered another job in a different department, which I'm going to take!
HMRC was one of my first choices of preference to work but shame as I've heard nothing in 5 months, although I'm glad to be starting somewhere new atleast (wondering whether the reserve list for Stratford may exhaust itself now anyway on time-my August one?!)

Congrats on getting an offer 👍. Do you have any idea when the next intakes are for the compliance caseworker role?
Original post by Cardiff01
Congrats on getting an offer 👍. Do you have any idea when the next intakes are for the compliance caseworker role?

Thankyou 💜 well it's suppose to be (and was previously) every quarter..but I've not heard much recently about anyone getting provisionals for the upcoming one so I wonder what the situation is, there is still time I guess for beginning of July if they are going to recruit another lot then

Original post by Jpogk

Congrats on the job offer! What location were you waiting to hear for Generic Compliance?
Original post by Gen1313
Congrats on the job offer! What location were you waiting to hear for Generic Compliance?

Thankyou :smile: yes at Stratford location
Hi what’s going on with our reserve lists, are we still going to get offers? Been waiting since December
nothing yet, just got the email the other day about how the list is still active and under consideration blah blah

got an email moved from 32/73 to 31/70 though (since march) for Liverpool, also said not to feed too much into the media coverage about recruitment freezes though
still waiting - seems to be taking forever. They’re apparently actively recruiting off the reserve list
Anyone starting at Stratford in October? :smile:
Hey - just started pre-employment checks! anyone know how long it takes from checks to get a formal offer??
(Original post by sdsa1)Hey - just started pre-employment checks! anyone know how long it takes from checks to get a formal offer??

What area is that for? Belfast still very quiet- still on reserve list-no movement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending