The Student Room Group

What Are The Consequences of Failing One Module In The Second Year?

With the pandemic, education has been terrible and all on Zoom. There is a single module in which I am unhopeful about and I am wondering, what the consequences would be, should I not succeed?
Original post by Anonymous
With the pandemic, education has been terrible and all on Zoom. There is a single module in which I am unhopeful about and I am wondering, what the consequences would be, should I not succeed?

Different universities have different rules. Check your degree regulations.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey Anon! I hope classes improve for you and that you feel a bit better about this come exam time :frown: As above- I'd say get in touch with your course contact to discuss this. Do you have a Student Representative that could also flag that you're unhappy with the teaching?

It depends on a range of things how much it could affect you- such as how many credits the class is worth, whether it is already essential towards your degree (i.e. if you're on an accredited programme), how much weight is placed on assignments vs exams etc.. But all is not lost as yet! Clarify with your course leader exactly what would happen if you don't do as well on the exam, and maybe ask for some further guidance on what they're looking for when it comes to getting good grades. Even if you're struggling with the exam content, you may be able to pull up your average by excelling in other areas like essays where you can take your time and process the content a bit easier :smile:

Good luck to you!! Hope it gets better.
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending