The Student Room Group

He's perfect ! why don't i like him ?

I finally got over my ex. We were in love, but very toxic. We were better off friends anyways.

Now i've found this AMAZING guy who treats me so well. He asks how my day was and is so excited to hear about it. Takes time to take me out on a date. Wants to talk to me and never gets bored, but why dont i like him like that then ???
i feel like my past has most things to do with it, but even if it does. shouldn't i like be in love with this dude... right ?
i been waiting for someone to treat me like this and now that its happened im questioning myself if this is really what i want.. everything feels predictable now. This is horrible to say, but when i was with my ex i never knew what was going to happen next. Now.. i know everything thats going to happen and i just dont seem to think its worth it anymore..
What do i do ? is there something wrong with me..
It’s probably because you enjoyed the toxicity of your last relationship or the fact that you haven’t fully gotten over your ex. Some girls prefer guys that don’t give them attention, it’s human nature to want something you can’t have.

Ultimately it’s up to you if you want to continue things with the new guy. If you think you’ll develop stronger feelings for him as time progresses then maybe give it a chance since he is treating well. But if your 0% attracted to him and don’t think it will progress, then I don’t recommend wasting his time as the longer it proceeds the longer it may hurt for him.
That is something you should figure out yourself >.<
Original post by Anonymous
I finally got over my ex. We were in love, but very toxic. We were better off friends anyways.

Now i've found this AMAZING guy who treats me so well. He asks how my day was and is so excited to hear about it. Takes time to take me out on a date. Wants to talk to me and never gets bored, but why dont i like him like that then ???
i feel like my past has most things to do with it, but even if it does. shouldn't i like be in love with this dude... right ?
i been waiting for someone to treat me like this and now that its happened im questioning myself if this is really what i want.. everything feels predictable now. This is horrible to say, but when i was with my ex i never knew what was going to happen next. Now.. i know everything thats going to happen and i just dont seem to think its worth it anymore..
What do i do ? is there something wrong with me..

I think since you’ve just had a toxic relationship you need to take time to work on yourself because you’ll begin to miss the toxicity if you’re not completely healed so you wouldn’t be fair to yourself or any person you date, don’t rush into things. Work on yourself and completely heal before getting back out there
Hi there.

I think it is better for you and that nice man, that you leave him alone.

You should take your time and work on yourself. I am sure you will find out that, like most women you love toxic men. That it is in your nature and you cannot help it.
So better to leave the nice man alone, so that he can can start looking for someone who will love his sweetness and will not be annoyed because they find him too predictable.
He deserves love.
Maybe you are just not ready for a new relationship, are not sexually attracted to him or you find his genuine niceguy personality boring.
Don't worry, there are plenty more fish in the dating sea- many of whom you will be attracted to and who will be very keen to get to know you better.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending