The Student Room Group

I’m very scared

I sent nudes to a guy I didn’t know he lives in the uk and I live in aus but he kept pressuring me to send him more pictures which I kept saying no until I sent one. He screenshotted it without asking if he could and I said why did you screenshot. He said he’d delete it and he’s sorry. I blocked him because I was scared but the next day I had a couple Snapchat friend requests I don’t ysually accept them but I did. The guy said he had my nuded and he’d leak them. I blocked him and my face wasn’t in any of the pictures. I’m really scared what do I do. I made all my social media accounts private and changed the names of them. Help please.

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I’m so sorry that your experiencing this, the best advice I can give you is to report the account. Also I would recommend talking to a trusted friend or family member (preferably and adult as they will give you the best advice).
But don’t worry tomorrow will always be better then today :smile:, you will get over this x
why did you send the photos?
Original post by Anonymous

It's called "Peer Pressure" She was being pushed and pressured into sending one. I know how it works, it's not as easy at it seems
How old are you? If you're below the age of 18 you need to report the person you sent the nudes to. especially if he pressured you
Original post by rawrspamz
It's called "Peer Pressure" She was being pushed and pressured into sending one. I know how it works, it's not as easy at it seems

I asked OP
I asked OP

Yeah- I know

For one, She said he was pressuring her into sending one so that's obviously the reason and or for him to stop asking at the same time. !Peer Pressure, Don't ask a question if you already know the answer to it. It's very easy to see that she was pressured into sending one :smile: :yy: Not that hard <3 Have a good day/night
Original post by rawrspamz
Yeah- I know

For one, She said he was pressuring her into sending one so that's obviously the reason and or for him to stop asking at the same time. !Peer Pressure, Don't ask a question if you already know the answer to it. It's very easy to see that she was pressured into sending one :smile: :yy: Not that hard <3 Have a good day/night

bye
Reply 8
I sent nudes to a guy I didn’t know he lives in the uk and I live in aus but he kept pressuring me to send him more pictures which I kept saying no until I sent one. He screenshotted it without asking if he could and I said why did you screenshot. He said he’d delete it and he’s sorry. I blocked him because I was scared but the next day I had a couple Snapchat friend requests I don’t ysually accept them but I did. The guy said he had my nuded and he’d leak them. I blocked him and my face wasn’t in any of the pictures. I’m really scared what do I do. I made all my social media accounts private and changed the names of them. Help please.

If your face wasn't in any pictures nothing should be traced back to you which is good. I don't know how much you care about the ones you sent, but I don't think there's anything you can do about those. You were smart to send faceless but were dumb in sending them in general, as you can't really remove stuff from other people's phones when they've saved them.

stupid question, why ask that when they're trying to get help?

could be down to many things from peer pressure to feeling as if they could trust the person, either way it was a mistake and the OP will learn from this
Lesson #1. You are powerful. You have it within yourself to stand up to whatever "pressure" is being invoked. Worst comes to worst, block and turn the device off, live in the real world. You chose to be naive and are having a mildly unpleasant experience luckily it doesn't seem so serious coz irl stalking seems unlikely if one is in soon-to-be-locked-down UK and the other in entry-lockdown OZ.

Lesson #2. Be prepared for this request if you comm with anyone on socials. Really. And I'm not saying don't send nudies let's be real we all do it and it can be rlly fun if things work. But there are thresholds of respondent quality that should be watched and you need to be more aware and observant of what he does and says. Best case: his expectations and rules governing (your) nudies were not the same as yours.... Worst case: he's a scumbag who gets off on this borderline sexual harassment of girls who send nudies in good faith. Either way, going forwards you can fix it.

Warning signs.
1. Young dudes who use snarky, demanding or offensive language and always turn the convo back to this topic.
2. Dudes who are not able to carry an actual conversation. They just offer fragments of txt-speak.
3. Dudes who chase clout with their Neanderthal friends. Look who views their profiles and posts. U know how it is...they rack peer views by sharing sexual images prolly some from OF as well as privately-acquired ones.

Responsible mature men like my master don't even ask... I felt the urge to show more and took initiative lol then he handled it very respectfully :smile:
Original post by KaitlynJ
If your face wasn't in any pictures nothing should be traced back to you which is good. I don't know how much you care about the ones you sent, but I don't think there's anything you can do about those. You were smart to send faceless but were dumb in sending them in general, as you can't really remove stuff from other people's phones when they've saved them.

no need to call OP dumb, it was a mistake and i'm sure they've learned from this
Original post by LunasCorner
stupid question, why ask that when they're trying to get help?

could be down to many things from peer pressure to feeling as if they could trust the person, either way it was a mistake and the OP will learn from this

Just to point out - I did not accuse OP of making a mistake or made any judgement about whet they did (unlike you) . I simply asked a question. My advice to their OP will depend on what they answer. I will continue to await the reply and not replies from randoms.
Just to point out - I did not accuse OP of making a mistake or made any judgement about whet they did (unlike you) . I simply asked a question. My advice to their OP will depend on what they answer. I will continue to await the reply and not replies from randoms.

it was a mistake, she knows this.

this doesn't mean shes a bad person. I was not making any sort of judgement
Original post by LunasCorner
no need to call OP dumb, it was a mistake and i'm sure they've learned from this

I meant dumb as in the repercussions and consequences weren't thought out, which they weren't...
Original post by Zxphyrs
You know what’s dumb, worsening someone’s emotional state after an expression of sheer concern. Your emotional quotient must be substantially low, which by the way, is an actual measure of intelligence

Not really, just a bad choice of words you are blowing way out of proportion, no need to attack me over a bad choice of words
Original post by Zxphyrs
So someone’s came on here expressing concern and your immediate response is to be useless? You must be very unhappy

I asked a relevant question. What use is your response?
Original post by KaitlynJ
Not really, just a bad choice of words you are blowing way out of proportion, no need to attack me over a bad choice of words

Then you should perhaps put more care into formulating a response to someone in a fragile state if you don’t wish to be called out in such a way.

Maybe read what you’ve written first and think about how that may come across to someone who’s already feeling vulnerable.
(edited 3 years ago)
I asked a relevant question. What use is your response?

Lol, so unhappy. Keep festering this negative anonymous energy, it’s not going to make your life any better
In the UK it’s illegal to share indecent images of people without consent, whether you’re underage or not, try acting like you’re seriously reporting him to the police, screenshot all the threats and record his account name and then send an article showcasing the law and punishment for it. You don’t have to go through with it but it might be enough to scare him off, just act confident, tell him what he’s doing is illegal and after every time he contacts you he’s adding more evidence, social media isn’t anonymous. The police can just track back email addresses to devices and see who they belong to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending