The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Essay help!!

I am a L5 student studying criminology and criminal justice at Portsmouth university. I am a little stuck on one of the essay questions and was just looking for some ideas on possible points to make. This is the assightment:Critically evaluate the proposition made by Wheble (2018) that “many missing persons who are reported to the police shouldn’t be”. I understand what Wheble is saying and am going to make the point of the categories of missing people but not sure that will take up much of the word count.
Original post by Kirsty_west01
I am a L5 student studying criminology and criminal justice at Portsmouth university. I am a little stuck on one of the essay questions and was just looking for some ideas on possible points to make. This is the assightment:Critically evaluate the proposition made by Wheble (2018) that “many missing persons who are reported to the police shouldn’t be”. I understand what Wheble is saying and am going to make the point of the categories of missing people but not sure that will take up much of the word count.

Hi!

I'm in my third year of studying criminology with criminal justice. I did missing persons too as a module, but don't remember this question. The best thing to do is organise a meeting with your seminar tutor for this subject to maybe go over a structure.
I would think of the pros and cons of reporting missing people and the critical issues regarding that point. ie if they are vulnerable, where they were last if it poses any danger etc. Then go over these points with your tutor. Points of Wheble may take up half, but as long as you can link it back to the question of every paragraph then it's relevant to mention.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending